Truckers, lets see your rigs!

With 13spd over. What's a better choice than 4.33s. Regear to something like 3.55s?

I'd personally go like 3.70's but that's kinda personal preference. I don't necessarily think 3.55's would hurt Anything.

7b6cdb0b.jpg

This truck was getting over 6 hauling grain off of farms to the elevator 80K or above, it had a PEEC B model in it that was converted to full mechanical, 13spd, and 3.55s on Lp22.5.

With 13spd over. What's a better choice than 4.33s. Regear to something like 3.55s?

If you have a 13 over I would go with 3.36 to be able to stay in direct at highway speeds if possible, your motor will work harder in od and get worse fuel economy. But it will matter more on what your end goal for the truck is.

With a C12 you could go with 3.21 and run in direct and when you're empty split up to OD. With lopro 22.5's that will be perfect for 65mph. Basically a 2.64 in direct is equivalent to 3.55/.73OD but since you have a C12 you wanna spin a little faster rpms. The other thing you can't forget is your reverse ratio. If you need low reverse and don't wanna go to a deep reduction trans, I'd stay with the 4.33's.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I don't know exactly what this rig is going to be doing. But as I border the Rocky Mountains there's a 100% chance it'll be running in the mountains if I go west and 100% prairies if I go east.

What would be the best all in one I guess is the question.

With a C12 you could go with 3.21 and run in direct and when you're empty split up to OD. With lopro 22.5's that will be perfect for 65mph. Basically a 2.64 in direct is equivalent to 3.55/.73OD but since you have a C12 you wanna spin a little faster rpms.

Ah just saw that. Awesome thanks. And I am going to jam up the engine no doubt about that. I've got a GT47 on hand already with a billet compressor wheel, that and a Pdi ECM would go a long ways.

Last edited:
I don't know why our mileage is so off then... Maybe it's our driving style idk.

Unfortunately I don't know exactly what this rig is going to be doing. But as I border the Rocky Mountains there's a 100% chance it'll be running in the mountains if I go west and 100% prairies if I go east.

What would be the best all in one I guess is the question.

90% interstate? Go with 3.21 and run in direct but still give you the option to grab OD and walk the dog across the prairies. Otherwise somewhere between 3.55s to 3.90.

24427E1B-0DB3-46C0-A41A-C5A999C2DF0C-2298-000002251F13B4CC_zps6c9a9145.jpg
[/URL]

Put my deposit on this guy today until I can go next Friday to go pick it up in Houston. Sucks I can't drive it yet legally lol.

Ewww isx...
Well given the current options the ISX is the crap sandwich that won't leave quite as bad of an aftertaste like the gutless POS Paccar MX motor.:lolly:

It's really a POS that when it runs problem free is relatively good on power. (ISX)
Or a POS that won't pull chit even when it does run right. (MX)

Personally I would have went this route if I needed a 4 axle.

Alright so I'm gonna finally break down and but a radio... (I think) lol

I'm thinking probably just gonna stick with a cobra 29NW
Gonna pick up an rk56 mic
And probably just a cobra or equivalent external speaker.

I'll probably take the radio straight to the radio shop we have here and let the big hairy scary guy throw talk back and echo in it.

What says the fellow drivers?

personally i have a cobra 29 LTD classic, peak and tunes, cobta ext speaker and love it. need a better antenna,but that is a wrok in progress. far as talk back and echo, i cant stand it so i say keep it out.

that is my perosnal opinion tho

personally i have a cobra 29 LTD classic, peak and tunes, cobta ext speaker and love it. need a better antenna,but that is a wrok in progress. far as talk back and echo, i cant stand it so i say keep it out.

that is my perosnal opinion tho

Echo I'm on the fence about... I like the talk back though.
The one cobra ext speaker is made for the bigger cobras and talk back made in. May just go that route and forget the echo.

bre, i like the way it sounds even with a base radio, well kinda base lol i know its not a BIG radio but sounds good tho

Cobra's have talk back built in for any ext speaker. A little echo is nice and definately get it peaked and tuned. Watch who you take it to for tuning. Some just remove the limiters and the good ones actually put the correct resistors in. For coax go with the clearcoating/copper colored heavy duty shtt and any one of the Browning open coil antenna are cheap yet function well.

Back