Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Found out my motor is a 3406E not a 3406B..is this good or bad? And wats the hp rating for them??

There is quite a difference between an 3406E and a 3406B. A 3406B would have a mechanical inline injection pump on it. The 3406E will not have such a pump. Maybe you have a PEEC, which would look a lot like a 3406B or C but will have a different style governor on the back of the injection pump.

Someone stared before that 3406B's break cranks, how many have you seen break? The a 3406C, E and C-15 all run the same crank, the crank has bigger journals. Idk about strength of the crank.

You mean a PEEC?

The fuel system and timing advance from a mechanical is easiest.

I would like to see someone build a DIY controller to run the peec.

From my Not-So-Smart phone

Last edited:
And the only cranks I've seen broken were contingent damage. Pop a main bolt and eventually the block will be two pieces.

And the only cranks I've seen broken were contingent damage. Pop a main bolt and eventually the block will be two pieces.

I think another issue was material quality, I think there was a batch of cranks made out of the same material as the cams that used to wipe lobes out.

You mean a PEEC?

The fuel system and timing advance from a mechanical is easiest.

I would like to see someone build a DIY controller to run the peec.

I think the rack system could be done, but then you would need to build some sort of rpm based control for the timing advance as it is controlled by the same style actuator the rack is.

One would have to becareful though, there wouldn't be a rpm limiter.

Don't get confused, there are PEEC versions of both B and C model engines, but having a C doesn't mean that you have a PEEC.

Ok I was confused on that. Thank you for the correction. I like to learn.

I think another issue was material quality, I think there was a batch of cranks made out of the same material as the cams that used to wipe lobes out.

I don't doubt it. I was just saying its been long enough ago that I didn't get to see them have issues.

I've been told stories of D10s breaking cranks because they were left too close to a shot on a strip job.

I have seen cranks break and still run. They raise hell but will still run and drive.

I have personally saw 3 3406E all with 5EK ESN's with cranks broke. They all broke just after a main bearing journal.

I have personally saw 3 3406E all with 5EK ESN's with cranks broke. They all broke just after a main bearing journal.
Yea the 2pc cranks were an option on some E's. Not a very popular one though. Cummins is trying the picture window block on some of the ISX's that doesn't seem to be a great seller either. Now Detroit's gravel driveway dust control oil leak option was a great seller.

Yea the 2pc cranks were an option on some E's. Not a very popular one though. Cummins is trying the picture window block on some of the ISX's that doesn't seem to be a great seller either. Now Detroit's gravel driveway dust control oil leak option was a great seller.

:hehe:

Here's a little something for all you candy ass highway truckers. :hehe:

Australia Extreme Live Video 1 - YouTube

And something for you to practice in your spare time.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SYW7l8997s"]The Best intelligent truck driver Ever!! - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Say what? That's a 100 dollar radio man...

Yeah, I know. I'd rather see someone use it than see it here sitting on a shelf. I had plans for it but they never came together.

That's a pretty cool video Jory. Anybody know what that is in those bales?

Yeah, I know. I'd rather see someone use it than see it here sitting on a shelf. I had plans for it but they never came together.

Cotton. They are round baling it now...and the side of the truck says "GIN".

Well I'll def. take it then.

I had somebody call my truck a chicken truck last night. I lol'd at factory lights being classed as chicken lights.

2 questions

1) anyone have any experience with a side dump trailer?

2) Today I did an interview for a truck driver with a CDL. The job is hauling equipment to sites and haul dirt. The job is salary for 70k a year working 10 hours a day 5 days a week. He told me I'm out of my effing mind and walked out. Am I way low on pay or is this guy thinking he is gold? Guaranteed to be home every night.

Back