Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I started with a 10spd so that's what I prefer and because it has the extra gear over a 9spd without upping your lightweight.

There isn't as much difference as people think.
18spd 716#
15spd 696#
13spd 714#
11spd 698#
10spd 592#
8LL 690#
9spd 581-671#

10spd vs 13spd 122# I've seen drivers with more weight in trash on the dash.:lolly:

There isn't as much difference as people think.
18spd 716#
15spd 696#
13spd 714#
11spd 698#
10spd 592#
8LL 690#
9spd 581-671#

10spd vs 13spd 122# I've seen drivers with more weight in trash on the dash.:lolly:

Is it bad that an old 12513 weighs more that anything on that list.

What are you guys ACCERT engines running for oil temps? Hauling grain I'm seeing between 180-200 coolant and oil runs anywhere from 200 up. It was up to around 220/230 today when I was around 90,000 coming back from the field. This normal?

BRE- I have a cobra 29 NW LTD classic sitting here. I know it powers up but I've never hooked it up to an antenna and tried to send/receive with it, but it should work. It's yours if you want to throw me the $10 it'll cost to ship it to you.

BRE- I have a cobra 29 NW LTD classic sitting here. I know it powers up but I've never hooked it up to an antenna and tried to send/receive with it, but it should work. It's yours if you want to throw me the $10 it'll cost to ship it to you.

Say what? That's a 100 dollar radio man...

What are you guys ACCERT engines running for oil temps? Hauling grain I'm seeing between 180-200 coolant and oil runs anywhere from 200 up. It was up to around 220/230 today when I was around 90,000 coming back from the field. This normal?

That seems a little high to me, but I dont have any acerts to base an opinion off of, could be that the oil cooler is not up to par.

That seems a little high to me, but I dont have any acerts to base an opinion off of, could be that the oil cooler is not up to par.

Truck has about 470xxx on it. Looks to have had a head put on it in the past but other than that, I didn't get any service records with it. Might have to look into it after harvest I guess.

I would go after oil cooler if it were bothering me.

Lots of trucks don't have oil temp gauges, and even fewer work.

I know that the CT13 and CT15 (kbk and sjj) hover right around 220 for oil temp. The 15 is a 3400 with common rail.
It seems like others I have driven run just above coolant temp, +20-30 degrees , but it would take some effort to find one equipped and operate it.

Send me a SN and I can look up service history. With those miles it should have been done under warranty, and probably because a stud or rocker exploded.
From my Not-So-Smart phone

Last edited:

That's about where mine runs

Found out my motor is a 3406E not a 3406B..is this good or bad? And wats the hp rating for them??

Found out my motor is a 3406E not a 3406B..is this good or bad? And wats the hp rating for them??

350-550. There should be a tag on the valve cover, if not you'll have to get somebody to plug into the ecm or run the serial #. IMO, the 3406e and early c15's were the best engines cat ever built.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

They're the same basic motor. E models did have a tendency to break cranks if you don't change the balancer. And you could get them rated from 350-550 hp.

I hate to say, but I think someone misinformed you, unless you have a prototype engine a true E in 93 is very unlikely, I'm guessing that if you pop the hood it has an inline pump with electronic controls.

Engine serial number or pics would confirm.

I thought about the possibility of it being a C model but also figured somebody could've swapped an E in for whatever reason.

Yep, that is a possibility, thats why I asked for pics before sticking my foot completely in my mouth.

Back