Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Yeah, I was looking at the draw, a 2000W 120V heater draws 25A. I might even go so far as to buy a stick on heater for the oil pan to help out.

I bought a stick on heater for the hydraulic tank on our 930 wheel loader. It was a medium size one(dont remember the watts). Im not super impressed, Idk if it would heat things up enough to start an engine or not.

I was just thinking of something to help the oil get a little easier to pump.

60series engines in colombias here OEM have twin block heater pan heaters. Twin branch cord From one plug at the driver steps. But it's just a small block style element in the top of the cooler housing and the pan heater is a joke on the composite pan. They're not enough to get a rig started when it's cold here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Two more weeks and I'm fukking done with OTR. after three years I can't hardly believe its ending.

60series engines in colombias here OEM have twin block heater pan heaters. Twin branch cord From one plug at the driver steps. But it's just a small block style element in the top of the cooler housing and the pan heater is a joke on the composite pan. They're not enough to get a rig started when it's cold here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I don't see them being worth a damn on the plastic oil pan.

Oh lord its a long story.....sit down and grab some popcorn kids.

Last Monday (the second) I left the house headed for burley Idaho (a small town about 2.5 hours southwest of where I live) loaded with cattle feed, I get down there and the wind is blowing 30-35+mph......cattle feed in every crevice of my being. Well I get unloaded and head east to load fertilizer, four hours and two fukkups on their part later, I roll out. Well I decide to just go home for the night, Tuesday morning at 0430 I wake up to 4+ inches of snow......great.....so 0515 I roll out. 20 miles down the road the 'chains required' sign is up....so I get out with snow blowing and a 20mph wind and throw chains on, top the hill and peel the chains, fought a blizzard and slick roads all the way to miles city Montana, I jump off the interstate and head east to Bowman north Dakota, well there's another hill I had to chain on.....as I'm getting to the top of the hill to peel chains my boss calls and flips the fukk out on me saying two other drivers called me in for "speeding on slick roads"......bull fukking schit, 35-40mph to everyone else's 30-35 isn't speeding.....so I attempt to defend myself but he was in no mood to hear it.....tells me that I'm one "thin ice" and if I screw up one more time I'm fired.......oooooook.....thanks for blowing schitt way out of proportion.....so I'm going to north Dakota to haul water and work as a fleet mechanic. the last little while I've really started to hate this job because all I do is fight to get miles, I run my ass ragged and its not paying off, so I'm done, I'm going to go do something that's worth my time and effort. My boss said im an excellent driver and my truck always turns a profit......I guess he should have thought about that before he b!tched me out and didn't give me a chance to explain. I don't know what happened this last little while but he just flips the fukk out over nothing lately and im not going to play the game anymore, I'll go where my skills and experience wont be taken for granted.

Oh lord its a long story.....sit down and grab some popcorn kids.

Last Monday (the second) I left the house headed for burley Idaho (a small town about 2.5 hours southwest of where I live) loaded with cattle feed, I get down there and the wind is blowing 30-35+mph......cattle feed in every crevice of my being. Well I get unloaded and head east to load fertilizer, four hours and two fukkups on their part later, I roll out. Well I decide to just go home for the night, Tuesday morning at 0430 I wake up to 4+ inches of snow......great.....so 0515 I roll out. 20 miles down the road the 'chains required' sign is up....so I get out with snow blowing and a 20mph wind and throw chains on, top the hill and peel the chains, fought a blizzard and slick roads all the way to miles city Montana, I jump off the interstate and head east to Bowman north Dakota, well there's another hill I had to chain on.....as I'm getting to the top of the hill to peel chains my boss calls and flips the fukk out on me saying two other drivers called me in for "speeding on slick roads"......bull fukking schit, 35-40mph to everyone else's 30-35 isn't speeding.....so I attempt to defend myself but he was in no mood to hear it.....tells me that I'm one "thin ice" and if I screw up one more time I'm fired.......oooooook.....thanks for blowing schitt way out of proportion.....so I'm going to north Dakota to haul water and work as a fleet mechanic. the last little while I've really started to hate this job because all I do is fight to get miles, I run my ass ragged and its not paying off, so I'm done, I'm going to go do something that's worth my time and effort. My boss said im an excellent driver and my truck always turns a profit......I guess he should have thought about that before he b!tched me out and didn't give me a chance to explain. I don't know what happened this last little while but he just flips the fukk out over nothing lately and im not going to play the game anymore, I'll go where my skills and experience wont be taken for granted.

Ewww bad situation. Well, I hope everything works out man!

Once my pickup, my bike, and what's left of my house is paid off, I pray I never have to drive trucks for a living ever again, its gotta be the worst possible career choice next to working at McDonalds.

I hear ya , Once Peterbilt layed me off I coul not have been more happy: 11-7:30'ish he says - maybe some OT , My ARSE!!!! I never left there before midnight and it was usually 2 am - then come home eat in bed , Wife got up @ 5 am , Kid would get up at around 6:30 - anyone know where to go for some sleep ???

I was so Burned out after nearly 6 months of that crap .. I lived for the weekends- well slept for the weekends LOL

Once my pickup, my bike, and what's left of my house is paid off, I pray I never have to drive trucks for a living ever again, its gotta be the worst possible career choice next to working at McDonalds.

I tell people the same thing when they ask, however, a cdl will always get you a job.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I wish I would get chewed out for going too fast on slick roads. Boss is like hammer down boy, don't want to miss your appointment.

I love my truck driving job. I work for the US Air Force as civil servant and I am driving a International with q 550 Cummins dragging a 53 ft 60 ton dropneck trailer. Go to work at 730 am get my lunch at 1130 and getting in my car going to the house at 430 pm. Been there done that with the OTR driving and don't miss it at all. Yes a CDL will always get you a job. Hopefully in a few years I won't need IT. Retirement is real close.

I wish I would get chewed out for going too fast on slick roads. Boss is like hammer down boy, don't want to miss your appointment.

I'm pretty pissed off about the whole thing. So I'm just going to walk away before I lose my temper.

I love my truck driving job. I work for the US Air Force as civil servant and I am driving a International with q 550 Cummins dragging a 53 ft 60 ton dropneck trailer. Go to work at 730 am get my lunch at 1130 and getting in my car going to the house at 430 pm. Been there done that with the OTR driving and don't miss it at all. Yes a CDL will always get you a job. Hopefully in a few years I won't need IT. Retirement is real close.

I'm guessing you're driving for CE or LRS? What base?

Nothing special... 85 KW W900B, 855 13spd on 8 bag. Pretty nice for a farm truck though!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 0