Truckers, lets see your rigs!

How do you guys keep the bumper chicken lights all working on a rock truck? All the off road work I do it seems like cornstalks and stiff weeds are hard on wiring.

Well when summer hits, we are heavy on the asphalt. We don't venture into rough stuff very often. We try to take very good care of these trucks. They get washed 2-3 times a week when the weather is nice, if we are off pavement, we are slow going, etc.

Well when summer hits, we are heavy on the asphalt. We don't venture into rough stuff very often. We try to take very good care of these trucks. They get washed 2-3 times a week when the weather is nice, if we are off pavement, we are slow going, etc.
Yeah when I'm off road in my t800 I drive like surgeon, when I'm in my fld that's a different story.

love it!!!!!

It gets a little old if I have to run to Jeffersonville, IN to unload. That is about a two hour drive. We usually unload about 20 miles from the farm. The 379 Pete we have still has the stock mufflers, you can actually hear the radio in that truck.

we take great care of our semi's too, but corn stalks, sticks in the woods, and other off road adventures our log/farm trucks get into would rip every wire on the truck off thats under 2ft from the grond. get some aussie stacks on that dumptruck. i jusst put 7" aussies on one of our 359's....sounds/looks amazing.

Short bus and beef cake.

Monkey Fist Rage

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387570281428.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387570281428.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1387570299692.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387570299692.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1387570310813.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387570310813.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1387570321067.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387570321067.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 0
I don't know why the link is that huge but that page has a lot of good info for mech engines.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

we take great care of our semi's too, but corn stalks, sticks in the woods, and other off road adventures our log/farm trucks get into would rip every wire on the truck off thats under 2ft from the grond. get some aussie stacks on that dumptruck. i jusst put 7" aussies on one of our 359's....sounds/looks amazing.

I'm a flat top guy. I truly don't care for anything but flat tops or miters.

I wish the dump truck was lower... But that just wouldn't be logical. If like to pull all but one leaf up front and put it on air that away I can still set it down but have it up when I need it.
The truck is already a pain in my Arse sometimes in parking lots and random bullcrap areas when we are paving.

I'm a flat top guy. I truly don't care for anything but flat tops or miters.

I wish the dump truck was lower... But that just wouldn't be logical. If like to pull all but one leaf up front and put it on air that away I can still set it down but have it up when I need it.
The truck is already a pain in my Arse sometimes in parking lots and random bullcrap areas when we are paving.

A buddy of mine had Pickett's air ride the front of his 359. I haven't been in it but he loves it, he says it rides better than the air ride cab truck he drove before.

A buddy of mine had Pickett's air ride the front of his 359. I haven't been in it but he loves it, he says it rides better than the air ride cab truck he drove before.

I hate air ride cabs for some reason. I don't like them. And being in a solid cab trucks is a bit rougher haha.
Had to have my buddy that drives the freightliner take my truck on a run around thanksgiving. He was less than impressed when I talked to him. He said if I was at you is throw rocks at that thing over my truck. I just laughed.

Air ride cabs don't feel right to me, they just lean and wobble too much. I run a lot in snow in the mountains so "feel" is important.

I agree that "feel" is important, but you'd never get me to give up an air ride cab running OTR

Exactly, they are more comfortable but... It's that lean and wobble. My truck is bad enough with um, the way I may load it. Air ride cab would make me not like it. My trucks not double framed either so that's just another point to make an air ride cab worse.

95 N14 SL PLUS a decent motor? Never been around them at all... Says set at 460hp

Yes! Saw many go 1 million + miles when I was still a tech at Cummins Power Systems. You'll never hear a driver ***** about an N14

Sent from my flashscan v2

Yes! Saw many go 1 million + miles when I was still a tech at Cummins Power Systems. You'll never hear a driver ***** about an N14

Unless he's on a hill........ Had one and power wasn't its strong suit.