Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Oh I hope your kidding?!

I have an 87 with the big cut out in the sleeper as well. It actually has more leg room than our 379s. U can slide the seats farther back and the way the dash is anyone can drive it comfortably.

I have an 87 with the big cut out in the sleeper as well. It actually has more leg room than our 379s. U can slide the seats farther back and the way the dash is anyone can drive it comfortably.

That does work but I would cringe at the thought of basterdizing a 359.

A friend of mine is leased on with a local company pulling a dump trailer. He is home everyday 99% of the time. In his past three years he has stayed out overnight one time. He runs OH, KY, MI, IN, IL, PA, and WV. He also has a hired driver for the weekends, so his truck runs 7 days a week for the most part. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask and I can answer them or ask him and he can answer.

Where are you from?

Feel free to pm me if need be.

Ahhh ic I'm from Western il about 30 mind from the Iowa border..I'd be interested in knowing the pros and cons of the game so to speak if you would like to shed some light on the subject. I've only ever done local grain hauling and and getting the itch more n more to go over the road a little...

My pride and joy.

Nice truck man. My fathers first truck was an 81 359 that was pretty similar to yours . He ended up selling it to a farmer not to far down the road and we see it now and again. That is my dream truck to own that truck again.

A good friend of mine ownes these two. The white one is a 79 359 that he shows and pulls,the purple one is a 2000 379 that he works.

erugyqyz.jpg
y2eze3e3.jpg

Loving the videos fellas, keep em comin!!! Bre, I think we need to hear yours.

Well I would help you out gladly and I took a good long video the other day but figured out my iPhone is jacked and doesn't pick up the sound anymore. Or I would help ya out...

I'm way more comfortable in my 359 than a 379, I'm 6'2" and have long legs. The pre unibilt 379's were the worst, my knees were against the dash all day.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Thanks for the vids. The 6nz in my old truck sounds like shyt compared to yours lol. I think it self destructed last night from what my boss text me earlier.

That's a shame...

Why, it you hadn't been told it was done you would never know it was like that. Props to the guy for making the truck more comfortable to him, if I ever find the right person to talk to about it I would consider putting the large opening in my A model.

Why, it you hadn't been told it was done you would never know it was like that. Props to the guy for making the truck more comfortable to him, if I ever find the right person to talk to about it I would consider putting the large opening in my A model.

It's just the fact of cutting up a 359.
It looks like clean work and I'm not "hating" on the work or the truck at all. Just something I couldn't do personally is all.

I'm sure it wouldn't bother you if someone chopped the top to change the look though.