Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I can go look tomorrow night. I have no idea off the top of my head. but they are very large. They're easily double, even triple the size of regular on highway heavy haul planetary gearset hubs. well you can see, they fill the entire rim space.

T
me7unagy.jpg

This is the truck the W900 I posted before replaced. 77 General 8v92 13sp on neway air ride.

Sent from my flashscan v2

It's in Hazelton / Drums, PA. A kid bought it to restore. It was tired and hauling heavy with the Detroit was zero fun.

I like the truck and the driveline setup, but with that motor it wouldn't have been worth having in my mind.

Do you remember who makes them?

Monkey Fist Rage

They're Rockwell. R25 rims. The actual door decal with the model numbers is gone. But there's Rockwell symbol cast in the planetary cover. The 5th wheel plate is welllll over top of my head.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388317099.576488.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388317159.638831.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Tire size is 810/65r25. They're michelins. If you really wan to know the exact model of the rears. If you know someone at Kenworth, I can PM you the last 6 of the VIN and pull up the specs on the truck. It's a series 60 with an Allison as well by the looks of it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388320101.458116.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I like the truck and the driveline setup, but with that motor it wouldn't have been worth having in my mind.

Pretty much! I'm a fan of neway suspension and the truck was cool. But a rocket ship bob tail and a chore loaded isn't good for hauling heavy with a frameless...

Here are a few of our trucks

Attachments

• T800W.jpg
    T800W.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 0
  • T800H.jpg
    T800H.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 988F.jpg
    988F.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 68.jpg
    68.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Cat 345.jpg
    Cat 345.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 0
Pretty much! I'm a fan of neway suspension and the truck was cool. But a rocket ship bob tail and a chore loaded isn't good for hauling heavy with a frameless...

Sounds about right. The one we had in a ford cabover was like a sports car when you didn't have it hooked to anything, but grossing 85-100K hauling grain it was worthless, for a supposed 475hp engine that had been tweaked I would have to drop two gears on a specific hill on the way to the elevator after getting a run to 70+. After that truck was sold we bought my 79 K100 with a 400 big cam one in it and with the same run in that truck I would only have to split down to 12th.

Ahhh ic I'm from Western il about 30 mind from the Iowa border..I'd be interested in knowing the pros and cons of the game so to speak if you would like to shed some light on the subject. I've only ever done local grain hauling and and getting the itch more n more to go over the road a little...

I talked to my buddy and he said for him the best part about leasing on is he can run under the companies authority. He uses their DOT numbers and their insurance when hauling freight. The company he pulls for also does all of the paperwork for his truck. He is also under the companies safety policy for his truck. His driver fills out a log sheet, he turns it in and collects a check. He said if he ran more trucks he would probably do it on his own but the cost savings for one truck is worth it to him.

What's the model designation for the KW "T800" with the wide noise? Of all the things that have been to the shop w have never had one of those.

Loadin' hay across the road from us the other day. Pretty sweet rigs. A few of you got them on the phone, but here are the real sized shots. :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1035.jpg
    IMG_1035.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1040.jpg
    IMG_1040.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 0