Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Hell it ain't too bad, I'm just enjoying being out and traveling

Talk about some legs!!!
bd0866e39768df7ca8cc1f3ffa85c599.jpg

2.85 gears with an N-14? I bet it takes all 18 to get going empty lol

2.85 gears with an N-14? I bet it takes all 18 to get going empty lol
Probably not, I bet it never sees the top 4 lol. A guy I used to run with sometimes had a 379 with 3.0? and a double over 18, it never saw the top 3.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

An I thought I made a stretch when in dropped in 3.36.

Probably not, I bet it never sees the top 4 lol. A guy I used to run with sometimes had a 379 with 3.0? and a double over 18, it never saw the top 3.

Id like to try a truck setup like this.
The red truck I drove had an 18 in it with 3:55's and lp24's.
You don't ever split the bottom unless a special circumstance so why not drop the gears so you can do more than 70mph?

I will see if I can find it, I wrenched on a bxs, ready for overhaul at 424k, grossed 300k most of its life. Lifetime total revs were equivalent to 1.2 million mile engines
Total fuel economy was like 1.8

Id like to try a truck setup like this.
The red truck I drove had an 18 in it with 3:55's and lp24's.
You don't ever split the bottom unless a special circumstance so why not drop the gears so you can do more than 70mph?

I don't do 70mph pulling my trailer on the roads we have up here. My ideal would be 3.70 on 24.5 would be perfect. If we had more hwys like you guys I might use the 3.36.

I don't do 70mph pulling my trailer on the roads we have up here. My ideal would be 3.70 on 24.5 would be perfect. If we had more hwys like you guys I might use the 3.36.

Where are you from? Cause I've actually spent more team east of me or south. Little north.
However I like to run at night and when the speed limit is 70-75, I like to run 75 or so but not worth it when you're twisting it too tight to get good fuel mileage, extra wear and tear, etc.

My blue truck was lp 22's, 3:36's, and 13.
On an electronic Cat, I don't see a need in anything lower than 3:55's unless heavy haul or some other less than normal circumstance.
The red truck with the 18, 3:55's, and lp 24's, was a strong puller, had a tune in it. However you'd never split the bottom side. At least where I ran. Then it was maxed at about 72.

I'll split gear 5 just before I go into the high side to make the transition that much smoother, but that's it as far as basement gear splitting for me lol

Talk about some legs!!!
bd0866e39768df7ca8cc1f3ffa85c599.jpg

Most that run that low don't ever use anything over direct, but the ones I have seen have 2.64s, something about running in direct is more efficient.

That truck actually needs stand ups on it, that would put 70mph at about 1580rpm in 16th, and 60mph under 1400.

Direct keeps driveline speeds down, so less loss from having to turn the u joints. A lot of these company trucks are 10 directs with 2.xx rears.