Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Ok, I finally got good videos of our 1990 W900

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJwWpyMrl7Q"]W900 Hauling Corn 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Got the donor truck almost ready to yank the engine.

D4C2A1CE-D405-47AF-9A1F-0AB5AA8CECDA-15440-000012E1DF30B84B_zpsf658820f.jpg

That video gave me wood. What RPM does that really start ringing through the pipes? 1850 or so?

I have spent my fair share of time in a 400 Cummins they don't go that quick. At least not with 100,000 lbs.

I run 110,000 all the time and even with my 550 cat that's got a bully dog on it......I don't grab gears that fast. Didn't pay attention before so I had to watch again

Ok, let me get caught up here.

Empty truck and trailer weight is 33,000 lbs, 36ft frameless dump holds 1180 bushels of corn at 56 lbs. per bushel. So, that comes to 99,080. My bad, not quite 110,000 lbs. In wheat season we can put enough wheat in the trailer to gross around 110,000.

As for the weight, we haul on two lane roads all the way to the elevator, no scales to go through. Yeah, its a risk, but been doing that for more than 10 years now. It is only a 20 mile trip.

Yes around 1800 rpm and she starts resonating pretty bad through the pipes. We bought the truck with the straights on it. I may throw a muffler under the truck one day.

I know in the video it looks fast, but I went to the high side right when I passed the camera, so I was only running about 25 mph at that point.

Last edited:
You can't muffle such a sweet sound, that's blasphemy LOL
:D I'm with you there, but we have a bunch of hills in this area, and after hours of hearing the jakes echo off the trees along the road, your head starts to hurt.

I've seen pictures of those trucks on Facebook. Super clean trucks

They have 3 or 4 of them at the louisville truck show every year. Badass rigs for working every day of there life.

Quality transportation out of HallTown Missouri has some killer rigs. Love them!

Back