Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Getting my class A was the most worthless thing I've ever done. Can't get a farkin job anywhere.

My boss has a shiny W9 (with no herd bumper) that you could drive haha

I have a Class A since I was 19 (28 now) and I have a degree and I've made way more money with my CDL then my degree. I have never been unemployed either.

My boss has a shiny W9 (with no herd bumper) that you could drive haha

You live to far away. I can't get a job here using my cdl for jack. I'm only 21 so everyone laughs at me. Everyone in my area requires at least 23 and 1-2 years experience. How am I supposed to get experience if nobody lets me drive?!

There's places that will. I started out at a construction company driving a tri axle pulling a 20 ton trailer moving equipment around when I was 20 then the driver for the low boy quit and I started filling in for him when I was 21. I was moving a D8 and 627s by 22 in a 2004 (in 2007) KW T800 heavy haul truck with a 550 Cat and 18 speed and a 58ft quad axle low boy. That company went under so I drove a stone slinger for a few years and now I have my own truck.

I'd love to have my own truck. I'm looking yet again for a driving Job.

I have a Class A since I was 19 (28 now) and I have a degree and I've made way more money with my CDL then my degree. I have never been unemployed either.

I've got a degree as a heavy diesel mechanic and its the same story for me

Well one of you two come and teach these vac tank drivers to back a trailer. Came home Friday after work to find a tractor trailer halfway out of my cattle guard entry with a vac tank half loaded stuck in the ditch on the other side of the road. It was 2.5 hours before a wrecker came and drug him out before the wife and I could get our vehicles from the road to the house. :bang

You live to far away. I can't get a job here using my cdl for jack. I'm only 21 so everyone laughs at me. Everyone in my area requires at least 23 and 1-2 years experience. How am I supposed to get experience if nobody lets me drive?!

So move out here duh. LOL

There's places that will. I started out at a construction company driving a tri axle pulling a 20 ton trailer moving equipment around when I was 20 then the driver for the low boy quit and I started filling in for him when I was 21. I was moving a D8 and 627s by 22 in a 2004 (in 2007) KW T800 heavy haul truck with a 550 Cat and 18 speed and a 58ft quad axle low boy. That company went under so I drove a stone slinger for a few years and now I have my own truck.

i used to do that, hauling heavy equipment is what I miss the most about the construction business but it didn't pay as good as OTR does

I'd love to drive out in Montana and Idaho. Very nice country out there.

great scenery in the summer, roads get sketchy pulling doubles in the snow though

I'd love to have my own truck. I'm looking yet again for a driving Job.
That's my plan in the next few years, get my own truck and make some real cash

If I can ever get back into working on heavy equipment and make as good of money as I do now, I'll hang up my keys and load up the tool box.

I've never worked as a truck driver, but I can't see them making what I do as a HD mechanic here in Alberta at least. Would probably love to try it out sometime though. Maybe a retirement job.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

I've never worked as a truck driver, but I can't see them making what I do as a HD mechanic here in Alberta at least. Would probably love to try it out sometime though. Maybe a retirement job.

Average pay for a field tech here in Idaho is 54,000 per year. I made 61,000 last year, so in my area truckers make about the same if not a bit more

I don't know what part of Alberta you're from but I know many of heavy duty mechanics around Edmonton area don't get me wrong you guys make great money and everything your knuckles are always bleeding in bashed up your home every night but as a rig mover driving a winch tractor bed truck anything like that you're talking money up to 40 $45 an hour at 20 hour days in the busy season seems like good money to me I own a trucking company and I'll tell you right now my guys get paid top dollar even above and beyond that to drive up and down the highways as contractors are getting paid $65-$70 an hour per hour and that's to drive a shaker but there is things that come along with that they have to pay their own WCB and taxes and have all their company all in order and whatnot when I was 18 years old I was running a 20 ton picker truck making over 40 bucks an hour if that a good money I don't know what it is what it all comes down to is to each his own most truckers like trucking you're out there your own boss for the most part anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the type of work I do, these trucks cost 1.50 per mile to operate on average and are grossing 2.50-2.75 per mile, multiply that by the 130,000+ miles we run in a year and you'll see why I want my own truck LOL

For the type of work I do, these trucks cost 1.50 per mile to operate on average and are grossing 2.50-2.75 per mile, multiply that by the 130,000+ miles we run in a year and you'll see why I want my own truck LOL
I would rather be a company driver and have weekends off and not be wearing a mechanics hat and a truck drivers hat dispatchers hat and accountants hat just my two cents

If I can ever get back into working on heavy equipment and make as good of money as I do now, I'll hang up my keys and load up the tool box.

I just like driving but I've been told after over the road ill hate it. Which I wanna be home ever weekend. I'm picky.

I would rather be a company driver and have weekends off and not be wearing a mechanics hat and a truck drivers hat dispatchers hat and accountants hat just my two cents

When I do it I'll be leasing to a company that will take care of the dispatching and billing. I'll only be responsible for my end of the paperwork. Its a lot of work, but I know what I'll in for and I'm fine with it

Hmmm....seems sketchy....
y5ysuru5.jpg

Back