U D C

It doesn't shift or modify any of the timing/duration/pressure maps, it modifies the TPS signal. So on PoD 99 each TPS level (0-99) is worth 1%, on PoD 85 each level is worth 85%. So WOT on PoD85 is identical to a TPS signal of 85 on PoD99. Since (only verified on my UDC tune) my truck goes to 100% fueling at 82-83% TPS the power isn't changed on PoD85 (as verified by the above dyno sheet), but as you see on my PoD70 run the peak power is down, but bottom end is the same (which load is less, but the ECM must limit fuel for some reason). This is why the smoke is reduce/sensitivity is reduced, but peak power isn't on PoD85.

At 2000 rpms at 25% load (think highway cruise) the tables are all the same, the only difference is as you lower PoD it takes more pedal to get there.

This plays no effect on manuals, but on auto's the increase pedal position to get the same power can cause the trans to shift later, thus more rpms required, and less efficiency. This occurs really noticeably (from what I read) below PoD 70 or 75, depending on the loaded tune.

I'm a manual. I didn't know if it had any direct effect to the change or not. I was getting 15.5 before and since I changed it its dropped to 14-13.5.

On the UDC tune I have fueling went to 100% at 82-83% TPS, so the last 17-18% of TPS was useless. So now I have referenced max at 85% TPS, so each % of TPS is only 85% as sensitive as it was with the PoD on 99 and I don't got to 100% load until about 98% TPS. So you get less transient fueling changes and those are what cause the smoke (too much fuel for the air). The MAP's themselves are the same, but a movement of the pedal is more likely to get adjacent cells on the MAP, instead of hopping thru them.

What does your torque management map look like in UDC? I have mine modified so that it goes to 100%.

Paul

What does your torque management map look like in UDC? I have mine modified so that it goes to 100%.

Paul

It goes higher than stock, but not 100%. The table doesnt effect WOT, high rpm load.

any of ya figure a way to make the truck fuel based more on boost down low, more like a stock truck does? of course in hopes of controlling rattle, caused by slower spooling turbo's, and big injectors that then have massive amounts of fuel dumped before boost comes up.

any of ya figure a way to make the truck fuel based more on boost down low, more like a stock truck does? of course in hopes of controlling rattle, caused by slower spooling turbo's, and big injectors that then have massive amounts of fuel dumped before boost comes up.

There isn't a way to effect fueling based on boost, but you can tune for it just the same based on load/rpm. You can pill the extra fuel from larger injectors out, and tune the timing for spool. Then once wpooled uou can let her rip!

There isn't a way to effect fueling based on boost, but you can tune for it just the same based on load/rpm. You can pill the extra fuel from larger injectors out, and tune the timing for spool. Then once wpooled uou can let her rip!

So.... What's the point of the boost sensor? what does it impact if you can't tune based on it?

So.... What's the point of the boost sensor? what does it impact if you can't tune based on it?

It does have an effect, I think just on timing, but bot positive. There are boost adjust tables, just not in UDC.

You have lots of control with timing/duration if you know what load/rpm your having issues in.

IMHO, an OBDII scanner that shows load will be necessary for proper tuning. I personally like the ultra gauge, its cheap and shows rail pressure.

If other limiters are maxed out or close to being maxed then pulling duration doesnt always work.

You will either end up with a dead spot or you will have no change in the tune.

It does have an effect, I think just on timing, but bot positive. There are boost adjust tables, just not in UDC.

You have lots of control with timing/duration if you know what load/rpm your having issues in.

IMHO, an OBDII scanner that shows load will be necessary for proper tuning. I personally like the ultra gauge, its cheap and shows rail pressure.

If there's a way to just STAB the throttle, make power with out smoke, then I guess who cares...

It's unlikely, but it would be nice to change elevation drastically, and have that same expectation, with out re-tuning.

if there is no way to tune for it then the base tunes need to be worked on to reflect the need for fuel only based on boost down low. so you go from one base tune that is good for everyone, to a couple with different levels of aggressiveness of fueling to suit more needs. Not possible? sure seems like it is, as it is already done with revo, vs tnt tuning, or is that just really one big tune that encompasses both, truncated at one end or the other???????

Come on this is getting ridiculous! I need info so I know which way to go! SSR as it sits is a guessing game. My duration is at one and I still have smoke! Is EFI the way to go at this point? Tell me something by Friday Bob!

Come on this is getting ridiculous! I need info so I know which way to go! SSR as it sits is a guessing game. My duration is at one and I still have smoke! Is EFI the way to go at this point? Tell me something by Friday Bob!

You have an 06 and havent jumped ship to efi? :bang

I will tell you something...you are an idiot. If you can't figure out SSR...you won't have at EFI Live. You will simply pay someone else to tune your truck.

So...do yourself a favor...and just pay somebody to tune your SSR.

You'll never get the pre-boost smoke to go away, but a good portion can be cleaned up mostly.

Try running really high LLD numbers, like 30, and upper teens for the LLT. Set the Rail to 25 on high and low. Give that a shot and report.

And...try setting the POD as low as 85 to reduce pedal sensitivity without affecting peak power.

I bet most people in this thread missed that great piece of info shared by knowledgable beta testers above.

And...try setting the POD as low as 85 to reduce pedal sensitivity without affecting peak power.

I bet most people in this thread missed that great piece of info shared by knowledgable beta testers above.

I caught it and went out and droped my POD to 90. Helped out making it more friendly to daily drive. Especially since I run mine on TQ2

I'm still working on tuning some more smoke out of mine. I have it a tune in there now that doesn't smoke while daily driving but if I punch it, it still puts out a good amount. But then again I live in Amarillo where the air sucks.

Here's a video I through together last Friday after installing the new spool valve and switching to a 2nd gen setup. This still had the old tune on it and now has a new tune on it and it's running a lot better. I'll have some more videos soon with the new SSR settings on.

This video is south of Amarillo- elevation is about 3500ft above sea level
-96 degrees
-DA at time of this video was 7683 ft (extremely crappy air for spooling turbos)

player.swf" flashvars="file=http%3A%2F%2Fvid254.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fhh115%2Fgecoveyc%2FMAVERICK%25202012%2FSpoolValve.mp4">

I don't think your video posted.. I'm not seeing it, but I'm using my phone so not sure..

I thought someone posted they lost mileage (1-1.5 per gal.) when using the POD on lower settings..

Back