U D C

[ame="http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh115/gecoveyc/MAVERICK%202012/?action=view&current=SpoolValve.mp4&newest=1"]SpoolValve.mp4 video by gecoveyc - Photobucket[/ame]

MAVERICK%202012

Sorry guys I copied the wrong code off photobucket the first time. Either my link or the one Jason put up should work hopefully. thanks Jason

And...try setting the POD as low as 85 to reduce pedal sensitivity without affecting peak power.

I bet most people in this thread missed that great piece of info shared by knowledgable beta testers above.

How does that help the transition from LL to HL that happens around 2700?
With hours on the jet with the SSR I still have yet to get the transition to happen smoothly.The truck hits the rpm range and then its like switch on WOT.Below that the truck is manageable and easy to drive,get to the transition spot and its game on.

I have tried POD settings as low as 70 to calm it down and still must be missing something.

Reduce the jump in settings from ll to hl for a smoother transition. On some sw versions...my hl dur setting is less (numerically) then ll dur.

You'll never get the pre-boost smoke to go away, but a good portion can be cleaned up mostly.

Try running really high LLD numbers, like 30, and upper teens for the LLT. Set the Rail to 25 on high and low. Give that a shot and report.

OK so now I'm at :
LD 30
LR 3
LT 18
Not worried about high settings they are fine I'll give a report after I drive it a bit!
As far as being an idiot just trying to find the middle ground of power smoke and milage is the hard part! Right now 21 mpg empty is great but 10mpg loaded is not! Smoke is a bad thing in CA to many jerks calling me into the EPA! Damn Prius drivers! Anyway just standing by for more from Bob!

OK so now I'm at :
LD 30
LR 3
LT 18
Not worried about high settings they are fine I'll give a report after I drive it a bit!
As far as being an idiot just trying to find the middle ground of power smoke and milage is the hard part! Right now 21 mpg empty is great but 10mpg loaded is not! Smoke is a bad thing in CA to many jerks calling me into the EPA! Damn Prius drivers! Anyway just standing by for more from Bob!

What software version are you running?

I tried LD:30 at lunch for giggles and it made my truck really smoky down
LT:18 low and made the turbo spool way slower on the low end but I'm running 1.6B

What software version are you running?

I tried LD:30 at lunch for giggles and it made my truck really smoky down
LT:18 low and made the turbo spool way slower on the low end but I'm running 1.6B

My 64 is smokey I bet a 66 is really bad! I'm running 1.6B also and yes the 30 was a no go to smokey!! Wouldn't clear up. I didn't raise the rail pressure because that always made it smoke worse!

Dangerous06. Are you just stabbing the throttle from an idle and saying its smokey are just cruising at highway speeds smokey? or just slight acceleration smokey? or cruising rolling into the throttle smokey? or WOT, full boost smokey?

I dont understand the low level numbers being used. When I had the 64/71 with 70% injectors and dual pumps I was alot higher on the low level settings. Llt41 lld38. I had no issues with smoke for normal driving. Yes it rolled it if I stabbed it. These trucks are drastically different from yr model to model or you guys have something else going on. Boost leak etc...

Sent from Razr Maxx

I don't have smoke trouble daily driving either now that I've put it back to my old settings I just wanted to try those out to see what it would do. I was running llt 28 lld 26 and it was pretty good for daily driving. Dropping the timing to 18 made it run real sluggish. I'm trying llt 30 lld 30 right now. The smoke is very controllable down low. I'm just trying to get the best settings to build low end quickly at this point because everything else is good. Thinking about adding some more timing a little at a time over the next day or 2 to see what effects it has on the truck.

Dangerous06. Are you just stabbing the throttle from an idle and saying its smokey are just cruising at highway speeds smokey? or just slight acceleration smokey? or cruising rolling into the throttle smokey? or WOT, full boost smokey?

To your questions Jason: No, Yes hazey, Yes, yes, Hell yes!!
Seriously smoke on take off with a slow roll into it. I never puch it till over 2k
70 on freeway hit it and it smokes all the way thru till about 2800rpm.
Things start flying out of the bed yes even heavy things!!

I don't have smoke trouble daily driving either now that I've put it back to my old settings I just wanted to try those out to see what it would do. I was running llt 28 lld 26 and it was pretty good for daily driving. Dropping the timing to 18 made it run real sluggish. I'm trying llt 30 lld 30 right now. The smoke is very controllable down low. I'm just trying to get the best settings to build low end quickly at this point because everything else is good. Thinking about adding some more timing a little at a time over the next day or 2 to see what effects it has on the truck.

Carefull on the timing melting a piston happens fast and you won't even know it! High EGT's will tell you your above a safe limit! That's were a few dyno runs come in handy! I had real bad rattle on high timing numbers. I had a few really powerful tunes in my book but only ran about 13mpg! MPG were more important so I kept playing with it till my numbers came back up.

...High EGT's will tell you your above a safe limit!...

I disagree, I have had piston's melt with under 1500 degree's seen on egt's and others last for dozens of passes at 2000+. There is more that goes on with cylinder heat then what is read by the egt gauge.

lower EGT's = higher cylinder temps.

dangerous06 try these. Yes, even the rail numbers

LLT 22
HLT 36
LLR 25
HLR 30
LLD 30
HLD 16

I disagree, I have had piston's melt with under 1500 degree's seen on egt's and others last for dozens of passes at 2000+. There is more that goes on with cylinder heat then what is read by the egt gauge.

Precisely, timing plays a huge factor. It's why the 04.5-07 stock motors can live all day at 1450° towing, but if I were to try that with the timing I have in UDC it would melt something.

EGT is just the easiest thing we can measure, but it's not always a direct reflection of cylinder temp.

Precisely, timing plays a huge factor. It's why the 04.5-07 stock motors can live all day at 1450° towing, but if I were to try that with the timing I have in UDC it would melt something.

EGT is just the easiest thing we can measure, but it's not always a direct reflection of cylinder temp.

With that said, what would be the next best thing to indicate high cylinder temps.. High drive pressures?

Last edited:
Back