U D C

I know you guys want to keep this bumped, but talkin ssr stuff in here just thins out the information..... if it needs to be bumped, it should be done so with real information, or something from Bob or Marco at this point. This thread needs to be triple filtered.

You think that will help the release happen sooner....LOL?

Wonder if we may see this software or if it will remain an Urban Legend like EFI Live for our trucks.

I wrote my first UDC program today . I know you guys have all been chomping at the bit for information on it. I have had it for a while but had to move my business this summer and between getting everything moved and trying to keep customers happy I just didn't have time to mess with it. Now I wish I would have sooner it turned out be be a lot easier then I thought . I did give Paul B a call the other night to ask some questions and he helped a lot. I finally sat down today and did a program. As most of you know I am running an single S-475 on my truck and some big injectors. Before with the SSR I took low level duration out and timing to help me spool it . I tried my homemade program out tonight. In it I took my low level fueling and backed my timing out . The thing spooled like a 366 and when I was driving it down the road it seemed almost snappy the way it comes on the turbo, not the usual lag you get dumping a bunch of fuel till it lights. I think I got lucky on the first try. One thing I did find out though is that you can't totally do away with the torque management. The first time I put the program in I had the tq management at 100% flat. I fired up the truck and hit the throttle and it stuck and revved I had my hand on the switch just in case and shut it off before it got to high. I went back to the laptop and put the tq management back in and everything was great. I will be racing this weekend at the Buckeye Bash at National Trail Raceway in Hebron Oh. If any of you are there and are curious to see what it looks like I will have it on my lap top and would be glad to show you.

Now all we need is it to show up so it can be purchased
I am now anxiously waiting to spend some $$

Twins next week... UDC next week?????

I'm so far from the fence of Smarty... it better be something like $100 or less to upgrade or I'm just going to stay put and wait for the proven solution.

Was hoping the same. Especially with it workong with all versions of smarty that they can make the $$ in quantity of users. If only SSR purchased udc then would be much less users to make $$ from

um, that was a june update......... it is going to take me a bit before I am confident to load a tune in from udc to my truck, just got crazy busy and now a new toy to play with, and no time.

What do mean it's a June update?? It's clearly dated 13 September 2012 Version Smarty UDC Version 1.1.3.0 and a different version than June Version 1.1.2.0

Yup. There are a few changes to it, and it makes updating the Smarty easier too.

do you have any idea if the smarty modified demo file is meant at all to be tried on a truck? or is it just an example of what a modified tune looks like ?

hmmmm when I clicked the link it took me to the old june update, hit refresh and wham, new stuff.

O I have it plugged in, but was not truly prepared for choosing, I am just shocked on how choppy ssr tunes look.

O I have it plugged in, but was not truly prepared for choosing, I am just shocked on how choppy ssr tunes look.

All the tunes look that way. From emails with Marco it has to do with the variance of mods/stock vehicles. He isn't able to run it up as quick in the low load region in a box tune at get good across the board results. It's the low load/rpm/boost timing/duration that custom tuning is great for, and also where mods make the biggest difference from truck to truck.

With the udc, can you set the rp map and forget about it? I'm bored bouncing back and forth with duration and rp settings on the ssr.

Back