U D C

Yes it will need tweaking to run to your liking, but that's the point. If you want to run SW7 you don't need UDC.

I Get that I just want to be able to start where I'm at now and improve it. I'm to smoky in some areas that I should be able to clean up..

I would love to be able to load the Beta 4.2 file from the S-06 and tweak that. My truck ran its best on that file.

I was hoping that's how it worked! Download look at it and adjust as needed!

Meh. maybe in the next version. I've finally started to look at the software. the UI is much faster and stable then the 1.0.0.0 version. Now it's time to fully understand that entire combustion process stuff I suppose.

Marco/Bob: Loading the UI up on the screen in the same position it was in when closed is nice and all. But for those of us that go from a docking station with 3 monitors to just the laptop screen, the window can easily be "lost". :)

Also, an option for MAP based tuning till the map is out of range (or re-scaling the MAP for one that can read higher). Why is that not possible? My TDI example, 25% bigger injectors and a bigger turbo, zero smoke going from idle to WOT. They've disabled the MAF, but just used the MAP in that platform. Seems to work very well for the TDI's. Would this be a possibility in the future?

Lastly: As said before, it would be neat to plug in "SSR numbers" into the UDC and then tweak from there. Save a little bit of time on the max effort side.

I think I posted this before, but maybe not...

With the UDC, there are sample files included for different power levels. For example for the SSR, there are 6 sample files (actually 12, there are different ones for the 03-04). The files are SSR_1_sample, SSR_10_sample, SSR_20_sample,SSR_30_sample, SSR_40_sample,SSR_50_sample. The number in the sample file name relates to the number in the SSR settings. For example if you are running timing 20 in SSR, then use the timing map from the SSR_20_sample file. If you are using timing 24, then extrapolate between the 20 map and the 30. This isn't exactly the same, but it's pretty close, and you can adjust from there. In my case, my normal race SSR HL settings are: HLTiming 40, HLDuration 45, HLRail 20. I used the timing map from the SSR_40_Sample, the rail pressure map from SSR_20_sample, and split the difference between the SSR_40_sample duration map, and the SSR_50_sample duration map. It came out very close to what the SSR ran on those settings.

It takes way less time to do this then it took me to type it... LOL

Paul

Last edited:
I think I posted this before, but maybe not...

With the UDC, there are sample files included for different power levels. For example for the SSR, there are 6 sample files (actually 12, there are different ones for the 03-04). The files are SSR_1_sample, SSR_10_sample, SSR_20_sample,SSR_30_sample, SSR_40_sample,SSR_50_sample. The number in the sample file name relates to the number in the SSR settings. For example if you are running timing 20 in SSR, then use the timing map from the SSR_20_sample file. If you are using timing 24, then extrapolate between the 20 map and the 30. This isn't exactly the same, but it's pretty close, and you can adjust from there. In my case, my normal race SSR HL settings are: HLTiming 40, HLDuration 45, HLRail 20. I used the timing map from the SSR_40_Sample, the rail pressure map from SSR_20_sample, and split the difference between the SSR_40_sample duration map, and the SSR_50_sample duration map. It came out very close to what the SSR ran on those settings.

It takes way less time to do this then it took me to type it... LOL

Paul

hmmm I suppose I see where my confusion came from. I didn't look outside the "demo" folder yet! :)

Ma Bad. This will do!

The big question is... SSR version 1.7 maps I suspect? 1.5 is way different then 1.7. I suppose I need to test around with 1.7 again once things are back together.

Last edited:
That helps a bunch to understand where I was with the ssr. Thank you very much. I'm think it must be 1.7 settings as well.

If I'm reading this correctly, With UDC you cannot read tuning tables from S06, say from SW3, TQ3, TM3, RP3 to get idea where you want to tweak it a bit?

Thanks, John

Well, I'm sure the sample files are close enough to get started.. I should have mine today and will see how it goes..

The big question is... SSR version 1.7 maps I suspect? 1.5 is way different then 1.7. I suppose I need to test around with 1.7 again once things are back together.

I believe that the current maps are pretty close to the 1.7. The limits are a little different if I remember. For example level 50 timing on the SSR maxes at 32.2. U.D.C. will let you set the timing as high as 40, so don't think that just because you set SSR to it's highest level, that equates to the highest you can set in U.D.C. Marco told me at one time, that level 50 on the SSR settings was the highest he had seen as being beneficial. With the U.D.C. he is allowing higher values, then what he has seen as useful. I would use great caution about setting anything higher then is what is in the level 50 maps.

Paul

I wish I could be using my Udc right now, too bad the wonderful USPS has lost it. It entered the Fox island, wa facility on 11-13 with an estimated delivery date of 11-15. Got the tracking info from Bob today when I didnt get it, and it is still listed as in that facility with a delivery date of 11-15. I called them and the have no idea where its at. Maybe someone saw the box and decided to keep it.

Back