upgraded ecm for the vp's!

This is the ECM Pin Out Diagram I think Throttle Jockey is referring to.

Attachments

• 2001DodgeRamECUpinouts[1].zip
    16.1 KB · Views: 0
This also interest me.

There is a manuel from Cummins, part number # 3666288,

"Troubleshooting and Repair Manual
ISB Light Duty Fuel System
ISB Engines"

Is there a VP-44 based "Heavy Duty Fuel System", ISB engine?

Scania, European Class 8 OTR tractor manufacturer, has in inline 6 cylinder engine option that was Bosch fueled....Hmmmmmm.

vwmikel.

Please, don't worry about it. Cook the friggin' thing if you have to...:evil

Man,I REALLY don't want to read the Marco CaTCHER ECM thread again over on the TDR....

This is another JDonoghue thread, these are pretty good....

Inside the ECU - TDR Roundtable

I'll check on that other thread and see what I can find. I've got some feelers out in other places as well so I'm hoping there can be some further movement this week.

There was some other talk a few months back to grab an ecm off a firetruck or ambulance. Some came with a vp and suppsoedly were rated at a higher horsepower. Now this was just talk and I don't no the full story.

This is a lot easier when you're given the go-ahead to break the ECU if you have to. It does just open up like a book. The flash is a 28F400 (PSOP 44), same as a TDI. So, I'm going to power up the hot air station and desolder that. It should give me a good place to start from.

This is a lot easier when you're given the go-ahead to break the ECU if you have to. It does just open up like a book. The flash is a 28F400 (PSOP 44), same as a TDI. So, I'm going to power up the hot air station and desolder that. It should give me a good place to start from.

:evil

I was able to read the flash out of this ECU. What is the highest that boost can go before the ECU gets angry?

18 or 19 psi sticks in my head as the magic number that the boost foolers use, although a stock HX-35 turbo will make 28 psi..

ecm

Ive got a few ecm diagrams but there to big and not to sure how to resize them with vista. Anybody want to try them. Send me a email.

They have the lines to what they go to and all.

what is the progress/plan for re-programing the VP44???????????????????????????????????????????

Without that, an ECM that is programed to run over 3200 RPM @ WOT is completely useless.

what is the progress/plan for re-programing the VP44???????????????????????????????????????????

Without that, an ECM that is programed to run over 3200 RPM @ WOT is completely useless.

Part of this is I'm trying to determine what controls what. Why do you say the programmed ECU would be worthless?

Subscribed...
I want more rpms too.... Lets shoot for 5k.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Part of this is I'm trying to determine what controls what. Why do you say the programmed ECU would be worthless?

Some think the 3500 rpm limiter is in the EDC atop the Vp-44 pump itself. I am looking for one off of a VW 2.5 V6, Audi, Skoda, etc....