upgraded ecm for the vp's!

Ive got a few ecm diagrams but there to big and not to sure how to resize them with vista. Anybody want to try them. Send me a email.

They have the lines to what they go to and all.

You see any RPM control limits in there?

Some think the 3500 rpm limiter is in the EDC atop the Vp-44 pump itself. I am looking for one off of a VW 2.5 V6, Audi, Skoda, etc....

The thing is that from what I've been able to determine so far, the pump doesn't know the engine speed. It has an advance angle sensor to determine the advance, but that's it.

The thing is that from what I've been able to determine so far, the pump doesn't know the engine speed. It has an advance angle sensor to determine the advance, but that's it.

Same on the TDI's? That's a good thing, right? Keep the pump in the dark and feed it BS.

Same on the TDI's? That's a good thing, right? Keep the pump in the dark and feed it BS.

The TDI uses a needle lift sensor for injection angle feedback. You don't need to feed it misinformation or anything, just tell it what to do and it does it.

The TDI uses a needle lift sensor for injection angle feedback. You don't need to feed it misinformation or anything, just tell it what to do and it does it.

Got it. Keep at me. I might learn something yet! My momma always said to hang out with the smart folks.

I like where this is going. Im working on a VP puller now and have a spare ECU if another is needed.

Keep this going!

I noticed before somebody posted about a pilot event... is that feasible, and will it be able to be used, at idle or throughout rpm range? Also if this whole thing does work... Will some sort of anti lag be available? Good luck, we are very excited and can't wait!

I noticed before somebody posted about a pilot event... is that feasible, and will it be able to be used, at idle or throughout rpm range? Also if this whole thing does work... Will some sort of anti lag be available? Good luck, we are very excited and can't wait!

A pilot injection on an direct injected diesel is just really, really advanced timing, huh? That would be SO COOL on the way up the power curve to peak torque or so....help with spool up, too....Nice.

I wonder if all the feedback sensors on an A6 Quattro have the same electronic values as those read by a Cummins ECM...

A pilot injection on an direct injected diesel is just really, really advanced timing, huh? That would be SO COOL on the way up the power curve to peak torque or so....help with spool up, too....Nice.

Retarded timing helps spool up, the burn takes place and introduces more heat into exhaust spooling turbo. Advancing timing wil help with the rpm because deisel burns extremely slow, getting the injection to happen at right time in power stroke.. A pilot if possible would be nice to keep it quiet around idle, then shut off for a big single shot. ..and if we can retard timing enough on the line....measured vs wheel speed?...to get spooled against the convertor....that would be awesome... And possibly create an anti lag for clutch trucks to keep spooled between gears... I don't know if all that is possible though....just wishing!

This may have already been asked, but if a stock VP44 and ECM will limit RPM to 3500, then how does a Redline box make one rev over and fuel to 4K?

This may have already been asked, but if a stock VP44 and ECM will limit RPM to 3500, then how does a Redline box make one rev over and fuel to 4K?

This is probably your answer:

Last year I decided to p-pump my truck. To make everything work seamlesly I tapped the fuel shut-off solenoid "hold" signal wire into the 12v hot from the VP harness. It worked great... that is until I started pulling over 4k RPMs. I found the lift pump circuit and VP 12v circuit were being disrupted by the cummins ECU sensing runaway!

Once I tapped a seperate 12v power supply (I called it my 4k switch!) into these two circuits it worked great. Would pull hard past 4k till I ran out of AIR from turbo limitations. Made me wonder what wouldve happened if I kept the VP and just tapped those circuits.

Apparently it cuts power to the solenoid when it hits a preset RPM. Have you tried running power straight to the solenoid on your truck to see how high it would rev?

Is that Statement true^^^^^^^ on 98.5-2000's? I've tried a few unlimited box's on my 98.5 Auto and have yet to see over 3200 going down the track. Converter locked or un locked didn't make a difference. My truck is usually always stuck on the limiter going down the track.

This is probably your answer:

Apparently it cuts power to the solenoid when it hits a preset RPM. Have you tried running power straight to the solenoid on your truck to see how high it would rev?

JIT and VWMike, do you really think it is that easy? That would be so cool....Cummins724 wired up his lift pump this way as well....

Last edited:
It will help on the top end say to keep around 4200+ for sled pulling but its not the cure my buddy done his like this the lift pump wire and Vp 12v was on another circuit , u guys are going to have to things to ECU to meet yr RPM needs

I have never seen anything more then 3200 if I get the damn thing to fuel 100% just to 3200 at 2800 we get killed runs down to about 15 percent fuel. Is there anyway to let it run past 3200 without a redline?