upgraded ecm for the vp's!

ok, maybe I skipped a few pages, but I was looking at the first page and someone was referring to the vp being able to only achieve 24* max timing....well what If you changed the keyway out and then, with the new ecu, wrote out the code it would throw? Or have I just had a few too many coronas?

Once I do some upgrades, cpp 7x12s, a 66 from ed, etc etc and some testing...

The next step would be an upgraded ecm. Im interested to see where this goes and where it takes the vp44 cummins', hopefully to the next level

:pop:

Last edited:
I'm not worried about retuning these ECU's being possible. I could do that right now and solder this chip back in. But, I prefer to gather as much information as possible and sort out OBD flash capabilities as it isn't all that practical to open up every one of these ECU's.

Do you think you'll need any other ECMs for testing and information gathering. Ive got 2 out of manual trucks. Didnt Throttle Jockey have an auto ECM.

Do you think you'll need any other ECMs for testing and information gathering. Ive got 2 out of manual trucks. Didnt Throttle Jockey have an auto ECM.

That might be useful. This one is from an auto. I wish I could just find all of the factory update files so that I don't have to open anymore of them. I might also have to mail one off to get someone to assist with flash support.

just pm me if/when needed.

If your able to download the tables and compair them, then i can also send mine that has been changed from jim himself so you could compair and see what he has done. Id just need it back so i could run my truck.

hmmm ya may want to wait on this a bit.

EFL Live will be available soon for the CR trucks...and it "might" be compatable with the VP44 stuff (only because it runs on a CAN)

hmmm ya may want to wait on this a bit.

EFL Live will be available soon for the CR trucks...and it "might" be compatable with the VP44 stuff (only because it runs on a CAN)

I've heard the same rumor, but I'm sure that'll be the very last thing they work on and it could be at least another year out.

Diesel Pump Repairs Ltd. answered an E Mail I sent them regarding whether the EDC unit atop the VP-44 was the same hardware on an Audi and a Dodge Cummins.

Their answer: Do you have a Bosch or cummins number for the EDC driver module? Typically most VP44 core pumps have the PSG5 EDC fitted yes.

The plot thickens.....:charger:

Back