upgraded ecm for the vp's!

I'm still working on it and things are progressing. I'm financially invested in this project so I'm not giving up. :Cheer:

What have you seen so far?

Lately I've been researching the communications protocols in my spare time and am currently waiting on a few things to be delivered before I can make a lot more progress. So, things are moving, albeit slowly. I don't have a truck to look at, but from what I've read there is a diagnostic plug on the engine by the injection pump. It seems like it should be a 3 pin, but could someone verify this? From what I've been able to ascertain, the one under the dash should be a standard OBD2 port, but the protocols are different and not all functions are accessible this way.

Hangs in the same harness as the canbus connector, right next to it. Front left corner of the engine. I've done some playing in the past.

00-02 was the flat 3plug

98-99 is the triangle.

But, the 98-00 interchange with each other , 01-02 interchange. Seems the 00 got the later wiring harness with the early ecm.

I should have snapped a picture yesterday. darn. I can verify the 3 prong triangular plug on my 99.

I also think the HO and non HO the plugs are in different locations, or maybe that was an 00 to 01.5 change.

Just looked at the Data Link plug on my 98.5. Its the triangle plug with 3 pins, but it only has 2 wires going to it. A yellow wire on Pin A and a Green wire on Pin B. Nothing on Pin C. If this helps any.

Would anyone happen to have or know a good place to get the plug and wiring pigtails for the ECU? I need to build a bench harness and this would really simplify things.

anyone going to a ppump will have these left over. post a wtb in the dodge section, or someone here may donate after they have already gone to ppump.

I have a chopped up harness from an 01 stick....not sure what is left, I know the ECM plug is good. I deleted most of the VP wires.

just an FYI
FB7BFD9F94B1819.jpg

BA37607CEA46F59.jpg

494B4181CA79F0A4.jpg