Variable Geometry (SDX Spool Flange) S300 (eventually compounds) thread!

Good buddy of mine is working on a 700 crank hp gran national. He asked if I knew of a turbo to cover his goals and I said mine lol.
Gotcha. I wanna try something in the 65/66 in s400 variant with a t4 foot. Especially with this steedspeed t4.

Was your 68, s400 based? If so what turbine, I can't remember.

Gotcha. I wanna try something in the 65/66 in s400 variant with a t4 foot. Especially with this steedspeed t4.

Was your 68, s400 based? If so what turbine, I can't remember.

Yeah. The compressor I am still not certain which it was (although not the same as the up coming 67.7) and the turbine was a 74/83 wheel in a .90 t4 housing.

Yeah. The compressor I am still not certain which it was (although not the same as the up coming 67.7) and the turbine was a 74/83 wheel in a .90 t4 housing.
And you didn't like it or just didn't have enough fuel?

And you didn't like it or just didn't have enough fuel?

At that time I had blown my head gasket and was re-evaluating because the truck was still a daily driver. I thought it best to tone it down and have a reliable 500hp daily driver. Now, I have a work truck and the truck has become somewhat of a toy so I can get a bit more wild. All that said the previous 468 was a bit of an unknown quantity but before the hg finally went think that setup was good for an 11.80s pass (went 12.07). Since then seems as if small s400 wheel options have evolved a bit and with the recently found power of the new injectors expect to break into the elevens solidly with the new setup but time will tell.

I know this thread has been quiet but that is due to the truck having been sitting given the opportunity arising to sell my previous 364 to my buddy. The new Forced 467 arrives tomorrow and I hope to have it on the truck by the end of the weekend depending on how down pipe fab and oil line provisions go. Hope to pick up some nice power with this charger that 67 wheel certainly sounds promising!!!

Sadly the exhaust clamp and flange did not arrive on time so won't be able to get this on until next week. Here are a few pics for fun until then!

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

Should get the cover polished since you got to wait on the flange. It's still sexy tho!!

What a god damn tease Im never looking at this thread again. I should have stayed on ebay where all the big power is :D

Kevin LOL

What a god damn tease Im never looking at this thread again. I should have stayed on ebay where all the big power is :D

Kevin LOL

Trust me no one is more excited to toss this charger on with the newly found power of these 155* injectors. I was not happy to find out the clamp/flange were a day behind but there is little I can do. Hope to have it up and running by tuesday given clamp arrives monday. Hopefully the down pipe won't be too much of a pain. I've done this before with the previous 468 but not with the orientation of the straight steed manifold and the spool flange.

I know how it goes waiting on shipping trust me they are a pain.

That steed is worth the little extra work, that thing is awesome. Good luck keep us posted :D