Variable Geometry (SDX Spool Flange) S300 (eventually compounds) thread!

Yep...I am hard on crap though....at least make the bend in your pipe to the intercooler and use the shortest straight coupler for the joint.

Well the first run through 3rd with the converter locking in second resulted in going right to 4000rpm in 2nd (when the shaft locks) and staying there until I shifted due to tire spin. That's a first for the truck with these 80lb 35" tires! Can't wait to get in the dyno and to the track!!!

I just purchased a used Scheid lightning 3.0 charger clipped to 2.6. 1.0 t4 divided, thinking bout running a spool flange to help it out. Gunna be a sled puller and occasional street truck. Glad to see good results from this product

Good deal^! I am waiting on a 1.1 a/r housing to be sent out and I will update this thread with additional info when I try that housing and after I hit the track March 4. Between the injectors and this spool flange this truck is a riot to drive I mean tons of fun!

I hope I'm not setting my goals too high haha it's a rather large charger but I plan on doing a pretty hefty engine build to back it up. Is anybody got any results of a similar charger like s475 with the spool flange and how it done?

Forgot that the fuel plate was still in and allowing only around 17mm rack so I pulled it and went for a run through OD measuring drive. 50psi boost / 60 psi drive. Still going to try the 1.1 a/r housing just to see if EGTs rise less quickly and if any top end power is picked up but I can say the truck feels quicker than any time I have had it, even on these big heavy 35" tires vs. the previous ~32" tires used when I ran 12.07. Come on March 4!!!

Noticed turbo was a bit sluggish to go from 30psi to 40 and 50psi and found the culprit, a torn afc diaphragm. Got the light afc spring in until an intact diaphragm arrives. Will be a test of how clean can this setup remain with such little pre boost control. Thus far its been extremely clean. No real awesome updates but other than that things are still working extremely well!

it as a whole is not a good piece lol the tabs where the bolt holes are broke thats why i didnt use it. i just keep it for parts i took parts out of it and modified them to go in my other afc.

Noticed turbo was a bit sluggish to go from 30psi to 40 and 50psi and found the culprit, a torn afc diaphragm. Got the light afc spring in until an intact diaphragm arrives. Will be a test of how clean can this setup remain with such little pre boost control. Thus far its been extremely clean. No real awesome updates but other than that things are still working extremely well!
Have you got the 1.1 housing yet?

Have you got the 1.1 housing yet?

No. Think Lostnwalmart is going to check to see if it went out for me. Pretty certain I will be hitting the track with the .90 and see how that does. I will swap on the 1.1 when it gets here and try that and compare.

No. Think Lostnwalmart is going to check to see if it went out for me. Pretty certain I will be hitting the track with the .90 and see how that does. I will swap on the 1.1 when it gets here and try that and compare.
I really wish you had some compound usage/experince to compare to your current charger. Id really like to go this route someday, if its comparable. When does this charger light/ come on hard?

Last edited:
I really wish you had some compound usage/experince to compare to your current charger. Id really like to go this route someday, if its comparable. When does this charger light/ come on hard?

Charger comes on hard around 1800 with the spool flange. Full boost probably around 2100 or so but hard to tell given the truck moves quick when the butterfly of the spool flange opens and it starts breathing through both volutes! Makes alot of boost part throttle as low as 1300.

There is so little difference between this s400 and the s300, both with the spool flanges, that i'm real interested to see how the 1.1 a/r housing acts. Thinking the impact on spool will be hardly noticeable given how close this s400 drives to the s300 before it. Thinking the lack of difference is largely due to the spool flange but its possible the newer 67.7mm s400 just comes on that fast. Very interested to see what madmikeismad thinks when he gets his near identical s400 on without the flange.

Last edited:
Charger comes on hard around 1800 with the spool flange. Full boost probably around 2100 or so but hard to tell given the truck moves quick when the butterfly of the spool flange opens and it starts breathing through both volutes! Makes alot of boost part throttle as low as 1300.

There is so little difference between this s400 and the s300, both with the spool flanges, that i'm real interested to see how the 1.1 a/r housing acts. Thinking the impact on spool will be hardly noticeable given how close this s400 drives to the s300 before it. Thinking the lack of difference is largely due to the spool flange but its possible the newer 67.7mm s400 just comes on that fast. Very interested to see what madmikeismad thinks when he gets his near identical s400 on without the flange.
Do you think you could go larger on the compressor or turbine side?

Do you think you could go larger on the compressor or turbine side?

I think so but obviousy it is hard to know exactly how a larger charger would react without actually trying it. We will see how the 67 works with the .9 and 1.1 housings and go from there. One of these newer 76mm wheels would be interesting with an 87mm turbine but that may be too much charger for what I'm doing.