water to air

Z_man

where are most of you guys buying your water to air intercoolers?

cuz a intercooler does nothing going that slow and it freezes the air meaning denser air and cooler egts and more hp

Unless you spend 3k on a kit its not worth going air to water... dont waist your money... my opinion.

water tank

What size water tanks are you guys using? Is 10 gallons enough?

Unless you spend 3k on a kit its not worth going air to water... dont waist your money... my opinion.

Your saying an "air to air" is just as good or better than an "air to water"? What do you mean by a kit? Last year was the first year I ran a A/W but, I didnt monitor the intake temps. This year I plan to. In 09 I ran a Spearco A/A and I would see about *120 at the intake plentem.

What boost levels are you guys running on the frozen boost a/w intercoolers? I am going to run compounds and don't wanna bust it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

idk i know a guy running one and i believe his is much bigger then 10 gallons but i could be wrong but i wouldnt see why not as long as u dump a couple bags of ice in with the water in the tank

Your saying an "air to air" is just as good or better than an "air to water"? What do you mean by a kit? Last year was the first year I ran a A/W but, I didnt monitor the intake temps. This year I plan to. In 09 I ran a Spearco A/A and I would see about *120 at the intake plentem.

I am saying a spearco is just as good as a frozen boost 800 dollar kit. Unless you spend money on a good core-s and good pump-s you wont see any benifit over a air to air. Ive seen it on a dyno and look at alot of strong 2.6 and 2.8 trucks that never ran water to air.. its not needed.

i agree with toops if i dont get a good one your wasteing your time now if u get a good one with a big high flow pump one they do maKe a diff ive data loged mine and it took 400 air comeing out of the turbo to 20 to 30 degres under air temp outside i dk if it gain me any power never had the truck on a dyno with and without but deff never had a prob at the end snuffing out that big exhaust houseing i ran last year just my 2 cents

What boost levels are you guys running on the frozen boost a/w intercoolers? I am going to run compounds and don't wanna bust it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if u buy a good one u wont have any worries, and just cause u are gunna run compounds dont mean u are gunna have more boost pressure then the next guy with a decent single

i could be wrong but im sure im right

Boost is only a restriction.. port your head and when you do twins get a drive pressure gauge you can get the most out of your setup that way.. no point in overspinnig the charger and making more heat.

Hmm, everyone else seems to be doing just fine with the cheap frozen boost units. Doing bettern than the stock A/A