Where are you going ?

• ORP

Votes: 68 66.0%
  • Muncie

Votes: 24 23.3%
  • Gonna hit both

Votes: 11 10.7%

• Total voters
anyone live around mishawaka rolling down there? Anyone wanna meet up and head down there?

What are the sleds that are at IRP? It was stated as the best of the best. But I have also read other things cmt has posted and it was way out there. What are the names of these best of the best sleds if you dont mind?

I have been told that Nearpass Pulling will have there sleds there.

I'm not a puller, but drag race a fair amount. I have raced with DHRA, NADM, NHRDA, and a few outlaw events.

NHRDA runs the cleanest, well organized, events, IMO. I'm heading to ORP to support a club that has been running smoothly for many years and takes care of it's racers.

:what:2 tone i really don't get it i am waaaay out there!!! 13 post ago i said who the sled's at indy was. on this SAME thread 5/16/09 page 3 post #46 look back on some stuff and do some research. 2+2 might make make 4 if you stop & THINK about it. the post was at 8:26pm did that help any? by the way those 4 little guy's going past ya are DURAMAX'S , GET-ER-DONE!!!!

Oh boy this chit is getting deep!!:poke:

I'm not a puller, but drag race a fair amount. I have raced with DHRA, NADM, NHRDA, and a few outlaw events.

NHRDA runs the cleanest, well organized, events, IMO. I'm heading to ORP to support a club that has been running smoothly for many years and takes care of it's racers.

From a drag racers stand point I would agree. But sled pulling Im not so sure. Just seeing how NHRDA describes the trucks and classes makes me wonder if any of them have even attended a sled pull. Thats not a shot at them either so dont think it is. As a sled puller, i think they will be best suited in Muncie without a doubt. And another thing that is good about Muncie is there will be some of the racers from the NERDA event there on Sunday.

From a drag racers stand point I would agree. But sled pulling Im not so sure. Just seeing how NHRDA describes the trucks and classes makes me wonder if any of them have even attended a sled pull.

They have been to sled pulls. They are more centered on drag racing but are making the efforts to combine both. They just need more support not criticism.

I'm a bit confused who is putting on the Muncie event. Here is a link that appears to be Mcbride and then I see NADM below in the schedule.
DHRA Online | Event Schedule

Is the racing at Muncie 1/4 mile for pro street? IIRC NADM runs 1/8 mile.

Were headed to ORP, everyone bailed on indy last year because of what Mcbird did to everyone the previous year, now they all want to go support him at a new location, go figure!

Orp All The Way

HOPE TO SEE U THERE :rockwoot:

That good, cause DHRA is out of business!

Thunder in Muncie is about bygones be bygones, get us back to our roots, and move the sport forward again.

NHRDA taking Indy over the same day as TiM is whats WRONG with us in general, we eat our own.

I just now heard of the Muncie event, I've known about the FASS/NHRDA event since Jan. So who is eating who. It sounds like if you are a drag racer you can enter both events. That's sounds like a good deal for us drag racers.

Were headed to ORP, everyone bailed on indy last year because of what Mcbird did to everyone the previous year, now they all want to go support him at a new location, go figure!

That's exactly what I was thinking. I can't remember what exactly I was told but someone said something like TiM was deliberately done when word that NHRDA took over this event.

Well obviously this area is big time pulling country and having two pulling events on the same day that close makes a person wonder. I don't know Mr. Mcbride, I've heard others speak of him in less than favorable tones. Like is said in my earlier post, I just heard about the Muncie event, NHRDA has been promoting the INDY event since the first of the year. Max'd Out Racing will be Indy for sure to support that event and NHRDA. we are also considering coming to Muncie for the Sunday drags if we can find out a little more about the event. Is this just a fun and giggles race or will there be prize money offered? I've been told that Mr. McBride can be, "tardy" to be kind in paying out prize money. NADM prides themselves in paying on the day of the race, since they are setting up a booth to register new members, is this an indicator the same day pay policy will be in effect for this race as well?

I like to support the Muncie event, just need to know more about what exactly is going to happen.

From a drag racers stand point I would agree. But sled pulling Im not so sure. Just seeing how NHRDA describes the trucks and classes makes me wonder if any of them have even attended a sled pull. Thats not a shot at them either so dont think it is. As a sled puller, i think they will be best suited in Muncie without a doubt. And another thing that is good about Muncie is there will be some of the racers from the NERDA event there on Sunday.

Please excuse my ignorance but what is NERDA? Google doesn't seem to know, at least in the first few pages of a search. Northeast racing diesel association? That's a guess

Please excuse my ignorance but what is NERDA? Google doesn't seem to know, at least in the first few pages of a search. Northeast racing diesel association? That's a guess

NERDA is slang, Typically used by people with there head up the DHRA's butt, to describe the now dominant NHRDA.

Y Would U Say That Mr Gene

The vast majority of the pullers and fans will be at Thunder in Muncie, no question.

Gene most of the pullers will go were they want with out u trying to muck it up. R u really going to say how great eric is when 1 year ago u told every body how bad he was what should we think of u.:umno:

So is this at Muncie, or Albany? I couldn't find a drag strip in Muncie.

***On edit: For anyone looking for driving directions to the CMR/DHRA/NADM races, it is in Albany.***
7901 E. St. Rd. 28/67
Albany, IN 47320

Last edited:
:woohoo:
Oh boy this chit is getting deep!!:poke:
that's right it is, get your self some hip waders, your gonna need them, because your standing in the middle of it. personal invitation, come to INDY, and let's see how those dog truck's stack up to:woohoo: the FASS truck's.

Back