Who would be interested in a CNC ported head?

Would you buy a CNC ported cylinder head?

• Nope, no interest at all.

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Sounds exactly like what I have been waiting for!

Votes: 27 73.0%

• Total voters
If it's a CNC'd head it won't have water jackets so it will only work for a very small market. I'd love to see a new casting. Maybe even an overhead cam to give it more room?

All sounds good to me...I just need a head for my 1/2 ton...I don't care about water jackets:D

You people trying to daily drive that kinda HP is just nuts to me anymore, I got tired of not having my truck to drive because I was always breaking something!

Chris

If it's a CNC'd head it won't have water jackets so it will only work for a very small market. I'd love to see a new casting. Maybe even an overhead cam to give it more room?

oh yes , now your talking , use a single overhead cam would be the easy way for a billet head, but the water jacket would rule out street machines

My market segment would not be the 1,000+ hp pullers/racers that don't need cooling. I want to offer something that most everyone can benefit from using.

My market segment would not be the 1,000+ hp pullers/racers that don't need cooling. I want to offer something that most everyone can benefit from using.

The market you are after does not typically spend $3500 on a head, maybe some port/ polish work and o-rings but it can be had for much less$.02

The market you are after does not typically spend $3500 on a head, maybe some port/ polish work and o-rings but it can be had for much less$.02
Yep.

I'm not seeing the guys you seem to be thinking will buy it, buying it. These are the same guys uncertain about spending the money on a port job...

Only here people actually know what they are talking about.

Hahaha alot of the guys are on here, cumminsforum and DTR. We are all on here to learn and trust me all these forums are the same.... There ain't 1 forum that's the best.

All sounds good to me...I just need a head for my 1/2 ton...I don't care about water jackets:D

You people trying to daily drive that kinda HP is just nuts to me anymore, I got tired of not having my truck to drive because I was always breaking something!

Chris

Daily driving an 800-900 hp truck is just like driving a 500hp truck except you have to be pointed straight and make sure what's around you when you use the throttle. My wife, son and employees drive it, and next weekend my granddaughter is going to drive around the church parking lot in it(got her permit and family doesn't have a vehicle with an automatic.)

Daily driving an 800-900 hp truck is just like driving a 500hp truck except you have to be pointed straight and make sure what's around you when you use the throttle. My wife, son and employees drive it, and next weekend my granddaughter is going to drive around the church parking lot in it(got her permit and family doesn't have a vehicle with an automatic.)

Didn't say you couldn't do it, but I'm done with it...I broke more stuff at 500hp than most people do at 800hp...but it was always something weird that "never breaks"

For now, I love my stock 6.7L :D:D When I need something that runs a little better, I have my 380hp 95...and hopefully my 1/2 ton is done in the next 5 years!

Chris

Hahaha alot of the guys are on here, cumminsforum and DTR. We are all on here to learn and trust me all these forums are the same.... There ain't 1 forum that's the best.
The difference is the guys that are on here, that aren't on the "other sites".

And it is different here. If you can't see that, you've got problems.

LOLLOLLOL:umno:

Um yea....I know for fact your on the CF. And you're actually on there alot sooo now what..? Back to topic. My bad for pointing this out.

CF is for entertainment value only (like listening to whiny little jack ass's like yourself), if I need info, I come on here and search. There's a couple dozen people on here that would make 99% of the people on CF head explode with the info they know about these engines.

Sorry for the derail, gentlemen.

No problem...it seems this douchenozzle wants to up his post count over here giving out CF type info....he's getting plenty of "discussion," but he can't see that with everyone against him, he still can't be wrong.

Jaskass...have I ever mentioned how much I HATE Cummins Forum?
Chris

Cummins forum........LOL. Put the CNC on a block of billet and see what you come up with.

Last edited:
I don't post on CF. So taking your argument, they're all the same. So I must not post here, right? Didn't think so. Case closed.

Wait... Does this mean if we antagonize you, you'll go back? **HEY CZEREK!!**

Question is.......Were does the Full Billitt head the Indy Cylender Head is making for Scheids fit it to all this??????

oh yes , now your talking , use a single overhead cam would be the easy way for a billet head, but the water jacket would rule out street machines

Why can't it have water?
Let me take a quick stab at it.
Cross bore your part,drill and tap the ends for plugs.
......diesel innovator my ass. :blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1:

Why can't it have water?
Let me take a quick stab at it.
Cross bore your part,drill and tap the ends for plugs.
......diesel innovator my ass. :blahblah1::blahblah1::blahblah1:
Joe, shut up. Look at what you've done, and look at what Greg has done! Oh, wait... Um... You have done stuff. He just talks about every awesome thing he's done. Nevermind...LOLLOL

If you want to talk with folks with a ported head, find out who does good port jobs, etc. You come to CompD. I don't post much on here, but for modified engines. This is where you come these days. Lots of good reading using the search function.