Super He351 in "slow" progress

It will just about end up being a wash in cost, especially with the cost of the smaller turbine. But cliff not having to rebuild the hot pipe and charge pipes makes it worth it

Could you give a little more info on this? Or possibly have a pic of what part of the wastegate you're talking about porting? I've done some work to an he351 slated for use on a '95 eclipse GSX. Ended up setting it up for an external recirculated WG, and milled off the stock 4" v band to help make the turbine more compact for his application.

This seems like something that I could easily do, and possibly pick up a little power or lower egt's when i crank up the fuel a little every now and then.

the hole for the waste gate in the exhaust housing. make it as big as you can but leave just enough for the puck to seal on. sorry i must have deleted the pictures i had of it ported.

Basically its an s300 with a different turbine housing and a bolt in setup with a better waste gate design for around $1000

with that turbine housing being that tight it isnt going to make that big of a difference that it is undivided is it? i know 3 guys running the box s363/68/.88T4s on CR trucks which those are much larger undivided housing and they spool just fine.

Yes it will, if they were to use a divided manifolds with divided housing spoolup would increase by quite a but. The .88 housing is a dog.

He351 is undivided too and spools awesome. Of course it has a smaller turbine but I can't see the agp being that bad. A couple guys on cf :doh:have run them on cr's and said they spool fine. But who knows I guess. We all know the .88 housing is a dog but the agp turbo obviously doesn't have a .88 t4 housing. $.02

OP! Any updates?

Also, what is the advantage with the ported waste gate hole? It seems counter productive to make that larger= larger surface area on "door" seems that it would open sooner at same psi as before. Like pneumatic/hydraulic cylinder piston diameter; larger surface area at given pressure equals more force.

Anyway, i'm missing something, anyone care to enlighten me on WHY opening up the wastegate passage is a benefit?

OP! Any updates?

Also, what is the advantage with the ported waste gate hole? It seems counter productive to make that larger= larger surface area on "door" seems that it would open sooner at same psi as before. Like pneumatic/hydraulic cylinder piston diameter; larger surface area at given pressure equals more force.

Anyway, i'm missing something, anyone care to enlighten me on WHY opening up the wastegate passage is a benefit?

Yes, that is correct, but we can oversome the increased pressure with increased gate spring pressure. Enlarging the port allows you to bypass the turbine wheel better in high flow situations. $.02

SO.... when porting wastegate hole, must also accomodate that mod with a larger piston area wastegate actuator?

Root motivation for porting wastegate passage is decreased EGT's????

Am I on the right track here?

Back