Ahale's 94 Build thread

580/996 corrected, .94 sae factor, horrible lag, no spool till 2500rpm at least

614/1055 uncorrected

working on a video, very very smokey, the S400 did not like the rollers! a bit of spray to light it may be the key...

rough calculation puts peak power RPM at 2900, with 3.55 gears, 235/85/16 tires and 1:1 gear ratio (4th gear)

1e7fc772-6245-4689-8050-4d1e18ae17a4_zpsa8606a4e.jpg

You typically see better numbers when dynoing in 5th gear, it loads the motor better and gets the turbo spooling more like it does on the street. If you were worried about hurting 5th gear, I understand, but usually the dyno load is light enough that tranny carnage does not happen if the truck is semi-reliable on the street.

I've seen trucks at your power level pick up almost 50 HP by trying a different gear (taller) on the dyno.

Thats exactly what i was worried about, i'm working on a trade for an strong auto trans. So i wasn't looking to blow 5th! Plus i was a solid hour away from home.

Im not too disappointed, with a DRW truck, stock lift pump, and a 160 only getting about 40psi WOT, 614 isnt bad!.

Once the auto is in, im going to change the focus a bit, goal is to see an 11.99xx at the track!

Rh, billet input, triple disk, stock VB with a transgo, billet servos, accumulator, strut, stock apply levers, upgraded clutch counts.

Sooner or later i'll upgrade the levers, and go to a better VB, bit as of now, she is doing everything she should. Stall is just about stock, the s400 is lighting like an hx35 :)

Glad your liking it, although it would have been way easier to wait a day for a billet apply lever. I guess you get to drop the trans again. Lol

I didn't built it, would have If i had the choice! Traded the NV straight up for it to a guy who was having it built

a bit of snow fun, supposed to get about 30 inches in my area in the next day or so.

so much so that our liberal asshole governor just gave the order for a driving ban past 4 o'clock!

but... cyclones!

[ame]http://i630.photobucket.com/albums/uu29/ahale2772/D7F8F708-B64A-43AF-8FED-333664001AD2-128-0000000371392A86_zps408070d9.mp4[/ame]

Last edited:
Looks like some fun! I wish we were getting the snow... Mostly rain here they say

Wish we would get some snow, nothing more fun than ripping some 3rd and 4th gear 4wd donuts around the mall parking lot. :rockwoot:

ok...

still no lockup in this trans, I cannot figure it out. even with a manual lockup switch, no lockup. I'm using the same lockup wire to the computer that worked on the trans before.

can anyone tell me what commands lockup? as in, what factors dictate when and where lockup happens?

Not to be off topic but what state are you in? Driving ban was dumb. Know someone that got a night in jail haha

MA...

almost nailed a few "civilians" plowing in the Mog, so in retrospect I see the reasoning behind the ban, but a kind "please stay home" may have been a bit less shocking than a 24HR ban on driving.

either way, there were people out in minivans with the whole family driving around...

Witnessed a few of those myself. Wasn't sure if we were the only state doing it. Either way, carry on!

Edit: there's three prongs. The center is 12v+ then there's OD lock and TC lock. They're just a ground. Double check the way it's wired and your grounds.

Last edited:
Witnessed a few of those myself. Wasn't sure if we were the only state doing it. Either way, carry on!

Edit: there's three prongs. The center is 12v+ then there's OD lock and TC lock. They're just a ground. Double check the way it's wired and your grounds.

three prongs on the smaller connector that goes straight down into the VB on the drivers side?

Ive thought of just eliminating the PCM all together and wiring them to switches.. all I would need to do is ground the other two?

if so... will the OD work like stock and just act to shut OD off? (with switch in off position, OD will be on?)

When the OD leg is grounded it'll turn the OD on. Does the TC lockup? If it does you have power to the vb. the OD solenoid/ servo thing is either not responding or the ground isn't grounding.

You can try wiring it to a switch to manually OD it.