Ahale's 94 Build thread

I hope I can spool it.

Need to find some 5inch Inlet stuff for the intake.

thats not a fun idea... but in retrospect, i need to tune some low rpm smoke out of the truck, i've got no prob with tuning the afc a bit stiffer and keeping it clean untill 2000 or so

the instant boost will be missed, but I'm looking forward to a bit more "hit" when the turbo comes in

Congrats on the new dyno numbers!!!

Uncorrected, you made 538/968 on the dyno. In my experience, the key to making power with the 160 pump is to make it early in the RPM range which means perfect spooling and tuning to get the truck making power as early as possible. With your somewhat low torque number vs. the HP made, it would appear that your setup is not spooling as quickly/early as it should to maximize the power potential of your injection pump.

Will, i think it had something to do with how the dyno was run, it was an inertia dyno yet the operator was holding the break for the roller for quite a long time.

He would get the truck in gear, apply the break, wait for the truck to lug... Then pull out and almost clear up the fuel before he released the drum. I honstly dont think the drum was released untill 1800 rpm or so.

He also pulled the truck in 1:1, hence i think it had a bit more in it.

What the tq curve did this time around was interesting, last dyno the hp/tq curves were almost right on top of eachother. Ill post the graph in 2 min.

May be hard to see, hp is peaked right at 3000 rpm, tq at about 2800

Would have expected to be well into the 1000's with tq.

Differences from last dyno are, racked barrels, 5k gov springs, will's 028 DV's, and a better fuel system (still only 25 psi under WOT)

1188F923-50BB-4A00-B2E9-39E0D4A3E9F9-1743-0000009A906788D1.jpg

So i need to figure out how i'm going to fit this 68mm charger, right now this 62 almost hits my shock tower, its 1/2 inch away. This steed speed comp pushes any turbo out far.

Ive heard rumors of running 2wd shocks on a 4 wd truck? Is that possible?

just get rid of that steed speed for a different model...not the best choice i guess but none the less an option??

just get rid of that steed speed for a different model...not the best choice i guess but none the less an option??

ehh, the steed will stay

looking into it further, I'll just shorten the stock towers, may be time consuming, but its better than flipping the manifold and having to modify the crap out of the downpipe and the intercooler tube.

looks like the cam gear walked off the cam today, pulling the screw in fill off the timing cover i can see the cam gear has walked forward a bit.

its making some horrible noises, at first i thought it was the clutch, or a spun rod.

ill peel it apart tomorro and wip up a retainer on the lathe. i really hope the cam gear walked off and its not the cam retainer falling out ....

Yup, the gear walked off. Hopefully there is no damage to the cam, and or hopefully the freeze plug on the back of the cam didnt try and push out 0___o

C71DFB10-CC78-4D73-BEBA-F83E3BD7D7D5-702-0000003FABF307E9.jpg

062DCF86-51C6-4A54-8306-334DF459B6E3-702-0000003FB6D781B5.jpg

made a retainer, crazy how that gear can push off with all the force it takes to press it on.

A57C7E95-6120-4234-8AC7-FA6F1B3C1AF9-1220-00000077BF19D3F0.jpg

What pressure are you looking to get out of the pump? The spring is located between the two blocks on the electric motor. You will need to take those 4 bolts out and then seperate the block to expose the ball and spring. You can stretch it about 1/4 of an inch to increase the pressure a couple PSI.

If you want some ideas for the 2wd shock plates, send me a text @ 585-350-8743

Im running them with my steed and twins

If you want some ideas for the 2wd shock plates, send me a text @ 585-350-8743

Im running them with my steed and twins

I'll send you one today, thanks.

my clutch is slipping, seriously starting to think I was given the wrong pressure plate or something, I need to call Kenny. I'm confident I broke it in correct, and its only been about 4k miles. UGH

I should have atleast another 100hp to go before this thing starts to breath heavy:bang

Can anyone tell me if the cam plug can push out of the back of the engine when the cam gear pushes off? My truck has a puddle of oil leaking out of the back of it, guessing its the goddaim plug, i just dont know if the block plate acts as a retailer or what.

it doesnt really act as a retainer, more just as a core plug. i have heard of people pushing them out before but more from poor installation. it may be possible if the cam was walking around that much