Air coming out intake...why?

If you want to try this on an electronic engine you've got to first update the unilateral phase converter to a 58volt high output version.

Last edited:
P-pump Cummins will run backwards if you pop the clutch with it in gear going the wrong direction. Have heard of it happening a few times.

Last edited:
Check that injector hole and see. Now that i think about it i had a doosan engine do something similar to that when i was swapping injectors trying to figure out a dead cylinder.

Check the push tubes. Be sure they are all seated properly in the lifters and also check the rockers to be sure the adjustment screws are seated properly in the push tube.

Air noise out the intake has nothing to do with injectors!

You mean like an injector might not be sealing?

Yes i had one that was not tight enough and it would sound similar to the way yours does. To me it sounds like it is coming from only one cylinder. Like you said before it sounds like a dmax with the glow plugs out, its either the injector not sealing or a stuck valve IMO.

Check the push tubes. Be sure they are all seated properly in the lifters and also check the rockers to be sure the adjustment screws are seated properly in the push tube.

Air noise out the intake has nothing to do with injectors!

He has the valve cover off in the video which unless he verified the actual air coming out the intake plenum then it could be coming from an injector. I dont think it could be a push rod cause if the valves were adjusted and it slipped out then the valve would be closed still.

Last edited:
There is one rocker that opens every time it pops. I can't tell which one it is from the angle but it definitly valve related.

I will try getting a different angle video. Maybe that will help out. Either way I will try resealing the injectors first, if that doesnt work, head will be coming off. Unless there is a way to clear a valve with the head on...

I never actually heard the engine run, so there could be something installed improperly for all I know

Last edited:
If compression is exiting through an intake valve there is an exhaust valve that is not opening.

Alright...well its keyed...so how do I degree a cam?

With the dots lined up, the #1 valves, #2 intake, #3 exhaust, #4 intake, #5 exhaust are all closed.

And when I turn if over 360 the #6 valves, #5 intake, #4 exhaust, #3 intake, #2 exhaust are all closed .

So what am I missing?

If the cam is stock you're probably ok but if it's a regrind it may need an offset key to get it properly degreed. First things first, make sure the valves are all opening/closing properly and go from there.

You did check the pushrod engagement like someone allready said correct? take a rough look at all the valve heights, to make sure they all look similar when closed