Banks Top Dragster final assembly**Spy Shots**

Liberty's are the stuff, sorry I'm a little bias!

Odd question here but the RPM sensors for the race pack, are the an induction type sensor that use a notched ring and a pickup.

Jim

Jim -

- Not using a Racepack logger - these are from EFI. Little more advanced, not as easy to setup but more powerful. Their freq. inputs are a 2.5v crossing, so you can use whatever trigger type you like as long as the signal gets above and below 2.5v - VR type (2-wire) don't really fit the bill, especially for initial low-speed resolution.

- I'm using the ECU RPM signal out for engine speed, and a pair of proximity sensors with magnet triggers for my other drivetrain RPM's. Got the sensors from Sensoronix out here in LA - actually had a hard time finding mag-trigger (proximity) sensors that would work with a 5v input, give a square wave output, and were in small threaded bodies. The guys up there were quick, and the price was right. They've got normal Hall-type (toothed wheel ferrous-metal sensing type triggers) sensors too. Sensors have a surprisingly big working airgap - up to 0.350". The pic of the rear end was me setting trigger range with the voltmeter.

Chassis is certified down to 6.50 in ET - so we're legal to run their or slower.

Rear end went into the car today, all happy. Plumbed air lines for the trans, finished ECU wiring. will be doing some final systems tests Monday.

Yeehaw :rockwoot:

Oh yeah, and page 7, ladies.

To the Banks crew, I am impressed. The workmanship puts everything we have done to shame. We are a bucks down deal, and you guys are taking it to the "John Force" level. That is good, and hopefully pays off in the results. Looking forward to seeing it all work. Good luck.....

To the Banks crew, I am impressed. The workmanship puts everything we have done to shame. We are a bucks down deal, and you guys are taking it to the "John Force" level. That is good, and hopefully pays off in the results. Looking forward to seeing it all work. Good luck.....

LOL - and my operation makes yours look like John Force! I've been working on my tube chassis car this weekend, so it's funny to see my hacked-together car (where appearance isn't really a consideration), then come in the house for a break and seeing these photos of a rolling work of art.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Well it's Monday morning and the guys in the race shop had a busy weekend.

The trans, clutch and rear end are in:

P1020444.jpg

P1020443.jpg

P1020442.jpg

P1020441.jpg

Getting closer
:evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil
P1020457.jpg

P1020456.jpg

P1020455.jpg

not fair. me want!! looking awesome guys, maybe ill have to come by the shop and see it in person. well done.

Back