Banks Top Dragster final assembly**Spy Shots**

Lower PSI...Higher volume

Which meens it probably has some very very good flowing cylinder heads with alot of port work. Boost pressure is the resistance of air flow. As just a mind simulation, take 2 engines built identicle. One with un-ported heads, the other with ported heads. Unported engine making 60lbs of boost, the other making 40lbs of boost. Both engines will have roughly the same amount of air flow at thier own given boost pressure and the HP will be very near each other. Put 60lbs of boost on the ported head engine and it will beat the pants off the unported engine on flow and HP. Understand?

Which meens it probably has some very very good flowing cylinder heads with alot of port work. Boost pressure is the resistance of air flow. As just a mind simulation, take 2 engines built identicle. One with un-ported heads, the other with ported heads. Unported engine making 60lbs of boost, the other making 40lbs of boost. Both engines will have roughly the same amount of air flow at thier own given boost pressure and the HP will be very near each other. Put 60lbs of boost on the ported head engine and it will beat the pants off the unported engine on flow and HP. Understand?

i get that whole thing but i still figured it would be at least 80psi, i'm impressed :rockwoot:

You guys are hitting the nail on the head. For those who haven't seen it you can also see a comparison between the stock intake manifold vs. the Banks manifolds here: http://www.competitiondiesel.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44856

Couple the new manifolds with some EXTENSIVE port work and you no longer need sky high boost pressures to get the air flow your after. But as you can see this is FAR from a "bolt on" mod.

Jeff,

Can you host the pics on a website we can view from work, or talk to IT about allowing Photobucket to be viewed? It's kind of BS that we can't look at the pics your posting, but we work on the thing...WTF!?

Jeff,

Can you host the pics on a website we can view from work, or talk to IT about allowing Photobucket to be viewed? It's kind of BS that we can't look at the pics your posting, but we work on the thing...WTF!?

Let me get this straight, I'm sitting in an office 20 feet away from you and you can't walk in here to ask that?:D :hehe: :hehe:
Patrick will have them on the network later today.:D

Let me get this straight, I'm sitting in an office 20 feet away from you and you can't walk in here to ask that?:D :hehe: :hehe:

LOL Guess he knows where you are easiest to find LOL

Thanks for all the info and pics Jeff.

Is the Left coast the only thing that matters??

The West Coast isn't all that matters. The Race Crew, especially, would like to go to East Coast and Mid West events, but we don't have the personnel to run both a full time race/sled pull team and do development work.

Sometimes you guys forget that all of us working on the S-10 and the Dragster have a full time job at Banks other than race specific efforts. It just happens that we have the privilege to work on both product and performance sides of the equation.

I'd love to get into sled pulling, but I don't know if there's enough of a draw for us to have a company project for it. Also, it would be a completely new venture for us; we haven't even really looked at sled pulling in the ways we looked at land speed racing, drag racing, endurance racing, etc. It's still up in the air.

Hope that answers some stuff that Jeff wasn't able to.

The West Coast isn't all that matters. The Race Crew, especially, would like to go to East Coast and Mid West events, but we don't have the personnel to run both a full time race/sled pull team and do development work.

Sometimes you guys forget that all of us working on the S-10 and the Dragster have a full time job at Banks other than race specific efforts. It just happens that we have the privilege to work on both product and performance sides of the equation.

I'd love to get into sled pulling, but I don't know if there's enough of a draw for us to have a company project for it. Also, it would be a completely new venture for us; we haven't even really looked at sled pulling in the ways we looked at land speed racing, drag racing, endurance racing, etc. It's still up in the air.

Hope that answers some stuff that Jeff wasn't able to.

i'll come help work on that dragster for ya while you can just do the product stuff LOL

i get that whole thing but i still figured it would be at least 80psi, i'm impressed :rockwoot:

Twins in that configuration don't make big boost numbers, look at the gasser guys.....that is my thoughts, also they even stated that the heads flow 25% better on the intake and 55% on the exhaust.

Diesel guys (myself included) get lost in boost numbers till we start really learning.

Jim

Man Guys it really does look good. What does it sound like? Does it sound as good as the s-10? Om sure this will be a historic year at TS.

Man Guys it really does look good. What does it sound like? Does it sound as good as the s-10? Om sure this will be a historic year at TS.

I wish I knew, it's still going together. Hopefully we'll have a short video for you guys soon. It's getting REALLY close.

I can't wait to see it make some passes, same goes for all the rails this year.

But I guess according to some on powerstrokenation you guys are using the wrong engine, the dmax is apparently a "joke." LOL. You guys of all people should know the 7.3 is the king of all motors.:bang

In my personal opinion, I'd go for the 7.3 over the other Powerstroke motors. But I can't see running an all iron engine with a smaller aftermarket contingent instead of the Duramax.

I know there's a lot of stuff for the Powerstroke, don't get me wrong. I don't think there's as much following as the Cummins or the Duramax, though. And without that aftermarket support, it's hard to make competitive power numbers.

Now from a professional standpoint, I can understand making one off parts for a race vehicle that may or may not end up in your parts catalog, but you'd still need a reliable group of gearheads running "Motor X" in order to make it worth the effort.

Just my two cents though.

Back