Banks Top Dragster final assembly**Spy Shots**

so both cp3's are belt driven? is one going to be under driven?

Both belt driven. As for the drive ratio between them, I don't have the slightest idea.

Both pumps are being belt driven off the same belt. I'm not 100% on the drive ratio, but I believe it is somewhat lower than the stock gear drive ratio to keep from over driving the pumps at the higher than stock RPM we're running at. As some of you may know, a Bosch CP3 (no matter who has modified it) is not a cheap piece, so it's a little bit of insurance. Also, we can make sure that both pumps are spinning the same speed this way, rather than getting close with one being driven off the crank and one off a belt. This makes sure that both pumps produce at least very close to the same output pressure and volume so there isn't a large difference between one engine bank and the other, even though there's a crossover between fuel rails.

Also, the belt drive setup just looks b!tchin' doesn't it?

I think that all makes sense.

...and someone tell that fat guy in the green shirt in those first few pictures to get back to work!

A few more sneek peeks before I head to the desert and go racing:

P1020504.jpg

P1020502.jpg

P1020501.jpg

P1020500.jpg

Sure looks good guys, so much attention to detail and I cant wait to hear it in person, Im sure it will sound simular to the S-10 wich sounds so unique, is this engine combo. pretty simular but just a little lighter over all package?
Ryan

Looks like a couple of stock 7.3L Powerstroke turbo's. The band clamp flanges gave it away :bang:bang Lol Just messin with ya...

Looks like a couple of stock 7.3L Powerstroke turbo's. The band clamp flanges gave it away :bang:bang Lol Just messin with ya...

Shh!! Don't give away our secrets...that's where we inject the Super-Secret Ultra-Special Kool-Aid. :hehe:

Dragster will be running today hopefully. Got the last few little bugs to sort out. I'll make sure you guys have something to look at.

No, different Karen. "Fictional" Karen...Don't worry guys, we wouldn't pick on anyone's Karen but our own.

Burns stainless sweet. Thats what we run on the 2.3 Ford probe drag car.

She is, in fact, alive and kicking...no passes or anything yet, just a basic fire and check to make sure the dragster isn't spewing fluids everywhere or throwing codes. Standard operation procedure, you know...Start it, run it, check it, break it (in), stop it, check it. Yay.

Still have some things to take care of, but she does run, and quite well so far.

Look forward to seeing you guys in Bowling Green.

PS - Am I the only one that laughs childishly when I see Kentucky abbreviated in an address?

Back