Canadian diesel nationals in Edmonton,, Who's coming?

LBZ Chad - how is that Hughes trans working out so far? Are you guys manually shifting and locking it up or running a timer to do it? I'm planning to run mine with a Biondo delay box timer but would be interested to see what others are doing!

LBZ Chad - how is that Hughes trans working out so far? Are you guys manually shifting and locking it up or running a timer to do it? I'm planning to run mine with a Biondo delay box timer but would be interested to see what others are doing!

Right now its all manual, we are using a precision products shifter that has the solenoid for auto shift so after a few trips to the track I would like to have it all on timers, allthough shifting a race car is half the fun, I had a 23t roadster that had every bracket racing gadget on it and 8.32 after 8.32 ET gets boring when you just have to hold the wheel, thats when I sold that car and built a 10.5" 69 Nova with a all aluminum 540 lol.

Right now its all manual, we are using a precision products shifter that has the solenoid for auto shift so after a few trips to the track I would like to have it all on timers, allthough shifting a race car is half the fun, I had a 23t roadster that had every bracket racing gadget on it and 8.32 after 8.32 ET gets boring when you just have to hold the wheel, thats when I sold that car and built a 10.5" 69 Nova with a all aluminum 540 lol.

Edit* precision performance shifter

Nice to see this truck finally come to fruition. I remember discussing with Kevin all the different ways it could be built. I think I might even be dusting off the old driving shoes and hitting the track again in Sportsman. With all the time I spend at the track lets see if I remember how to drive.

Well hopefully we will be able to actually give the other pro stocks a good run this weekend.

We tweaked a few things on the truck and hopefully it was for the best

Nice to see this truck finally come to fruition. I remember discussing with Kevin all the different ways it could be built. I think I might even be dusting off the old driving shoes and hitting the track again in Sportsman. With all the time I spend at the track lets see if I remember how to drive.

Cool, it will be good to see you back on the track! Did you guys get the Jr finished? Don't forget to bring the leftovers!

Well hopefully we will be able to actually give the other pro stocks a good run this weekend.

We tweaked a few things on the truck and hopefully it was for the best

Cool, can't wait to see some good runs! I was looking at photos of your truck the other day, it looks pretty short. What is the wheelbase?

I know the feeling! I insist on doing everything myself in my gasser (tube chassis Vega). No 2-steps, delay boxes or auto shifters! I may give in and do some Super-Gas racing with it on a timed throttle stop, I think I have it sorted out to where I could run 9.90 at about 150 on the stop and be in the middle of the pack around here (once I change the rearend gears). I usually race it with the stop coming on in high gear (launch & 1st gear at full throttle), so 9.90 is at 126 mph, but I have a heck of an override button!

thats awesome aaron, looking forward to watching some prostocks go at it. only a few days away, just dropped the motor in the whole this morning. when is everyone hoping to be here by

the first couple of rounds is on me for a couple of the guys here, they know who they are.

Last edited:
The Max'd out Crew, Subman, and Verlon should be rolling in mid day Friday if the new toter works as we hope.

I should be rolling in Fri evening. Is the track doing a test & tune Fri night?

Torrey and the truck will be there Thursday, I won't get there until Saturday morning as my real job has me off in the middle of no where prior.

I will be hitting Edmonton on Thursday, but the wife has me busy Thursday and Friday during the day,, but i am up for Friday night,. let me know

If ya want ya'll can stop by my place as I'm in leduc for a few brews, and there's lots of parking

Sent from my smartass phone

We should be rolling in around mid day on Friday as well. Get intot he track and get our pit set-up and then relax!! Hoping to leave the shop here just after lunch.

Anyone else bringing kids? I'll have mine with me, she'll probably be the little ringleader just like in Mission!

Anyone else bringing kids? I'll have mine with me, she'll probably be the little ringleader just like in Mission!

We'll be bringing our kids again Michael. Should be there Friday evening. They sure had a blast with your daughter in Mission!

Michelle Mead
RPS Diesel

We'll be bringing our kids again Michael. Should be there Friday evening. They sure had a blast with your daughter in Mission!

Michelle Mead
RPS Diesel

Cool! She had a blast too!