Canadian diesel nationals in Edmonton,, Who's coming?

Another year or two and I think you'll start seeing more purpose built prostreet,superstreet trucks that are gonna raise the bar,

JB's Power Center Super Truck Kit Raffle at the Canadian Diesel Shootout.

One lucky winner will win the following raffle prize at the event. Note winner must be present to claim prize

MBRP Exhaust system
BD Power Turbo
Edge CTS
FASS Fuel Pump
AirAid Intake
Industrial Injection , Injector Tips

Super-Truck-Kit.jpg

WOW is right, nice job :Cheer:

Another year or two and I think you'll start seeing more purpose built prostreet,superstreet trucks that are gonna raise the bar,

The line is very blurry now between the two, even two years ago, there was a good second and a half between pro and super street trucks, now maybe half a second, we'll see next weekend.

From what I remember, it was a square tube chassis with tubular A-arms (similar to Adrenaline Truck Performance's new El Camino). Since you can back-half in Pro Street AND apparently use aftermarket front suspension, maybe he just needs to mount some sections of stock Chevy frame rail with Dzus fasteners to be legal ;)

My assumption from talking with Randy is if it has any stock frame left like Michael said, it can be run in Pro Street. Has to make the weight though. I don't believe I'd like to add that much weight. Kevin's frame/front suspension set-up looks very similar to mine. We are waiting for our parallel turbos to arrive as well as the header flanges right now, then it's crunch time.

Last edited:
If I rememeber talking to Kevin about 3 years ago now about this truck there isn't any stock frame left and it is under the weight....but that was 3 years ago I have a hard time remembering parts of yesterday lol

Yep there is no stock frame.

Rob is your part of the stock frame or is it a retangle tube frame that you can get for Top Sportsman cars now. There will be a grey area with them since the retangle frame looks sort of stock like.

But like you said Rob thats a lot of weight to add to be Pro Street ready

Yep there is no stock frame.

Rob is your part of the stock frame or is it a retangle tube frame that you can get for Top Sportsman cars now. There will be a grey area with them since the retangle frame looks sort of stock like.

Correct, mine has a full regtangle tubing frame, but still has some of the stock framework supporting the rocker panels/etc. that is tied into the aftermarket full frame. I agree may have to have a clarification of the rules. I'm not going to run mine in pro street, as I hope it'll be 1000+ lbs too light.

LOL, my Vega still has some of the stock "frame" supporting the rockers too (it was originally a unibody car), I had always figured I could try to run it in those classes if I ever put a diesel in it, but the weight limit would be the big issue. Heck, I can't even figure out where to mount enough ballast to run it in the NHRA Super Street gasser category at 2800 lbs!

Yes Kevins truck is square tube frame, will be run in pro stock because of the weight obviously. One turbo is lower just because of the exhaust housing`s and where he wanted them mounted (I originally had both of them inside the tubes but plans got changed by the powers that be)..... just finished a bunch of wiring, nitrous and a tach to do tomorrow and hopefully test on sunday (but probably Monday lol) then off to Edmonton.

I think kevins d-max ride will turn heads this year! :Cheer:

Your truck is the bench mark along with Brad`s dirtymax IMO, if we can run even close to either of you this year I`ll be pumped!

I`ve loved that s10 since the first time I saw it, I wish NHRA still had pro stock trucks. Is your truck a ex NHRA truck or did you have it built new?

If I rememeber talking to Kevin about 3 years ago now about this truck there isn't any stock frame left and it is under the weight....but that was 3 years ago I have a hard time remembering parts of yesterday lol

Holy crap! he`s had this thing that long??? I just started working on it 3 weeks before the mission race lol

(looks like iam post hogging here, hopefully no one complains)

Your truck is the bench mark along with Brad`s dirtymax IMO, if we can run even close to either of you this year I`ll be pumped!

I`ve loved that s10 since the first time I saw it, I wish NHRA still had pro stock trucks. Is your truck a ex NHRA truck or did you have it built new?

Not sure if it raced PS truck or not, i bought mine used. i miss that class too.

Can you only make one qualifying run if you want?
I was thinking about going in pro street and super street and depending on time, only make one qualifying run in each class.

Last edited:
Yes, I am quite certain you do not have to make a second qualifying pass.

Well, after another long day we are up and mobile, running good so far, Kevin drove it around the block a bunch of times and loves how it feels, little things left to do and it should be on the track in edmonton..... I hope.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_2.jpg
    imagejpeg_2.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 0