EFILive Beta First Impressions

Blue V2 will do Dmax and 03-09+ Cummins with software upgrades. Black one can do 06+ Cummins and all Dmax's

That's what I thought I just wanted to make sure.

Now you said you did some testing on the rmp hanging. I know you don't wanna give away all your secrets. But can you go a bit more in depth on what you found out and and what you noticed after you made your changes. Weather good or bad. Like I said don't give away your secrets. Just wanna know more about how and why things work the way they do. And it would be cool to follow your progress a little more in depth.

wow.... what an interesting read! (subscribed even though it looks like a while for me)

I *really* think that only about half the people out there right now actually understand what this is all about... maybe they're soooo used to another "programmer" with "pre-mapped tunes" and can't even COMPREHEND how outside the box this one is... LOL

as a sidenote, if you missed someone mentioning it a few pages ago.... check out the "tags" on the bottom of the page... LMAO!

Some of us may not completely understand it %100 like others prob do, (for instance when they start talking about blue V2 and the black one and things I just get lost) but we're here to learn about the new technology coming out. I'm not trying to bash your post but just getting my point across. :Cheer:

I just hope someone in my area gets to tuning CR's so I can learn from them. I wouldn't dare try to tune my own truck (if I ever get one) the first time I get the software, but learning off others would build confidence... Shoot, with as many CR owners here in the houston area with too much money they bound to want to try out the latest and greatest stuff for their truck. You guys tuning are going to be busy; glad to see things are coming together. And don't hesitate on posting up more tables, I don't know exactly what they are telling me but I sure like to stare at them:D

Last edited:
That's what I thought I just wanted to make sure.

Now you said you did some testing on the rmp hanging. I know you don't wanna give away all your secrets. But can you go a bit more in depth on what you found out and and what you noticed after you made your changes. Weather good or bad. Like I said don't give away your secrets. Just wanna know more about how and why things work the way they do. And it would be cool to follow your progress a little more in depth.

Bob and I can make it do it and turn it off by making changes in the tuning using efi live, so we know what is doing it. Now we need to really get after the HP and make sure the results work in very large HP tunes. My tranny gets done this week, Feel I'm at about 450HP and have absolutely 0 hang with the adjustments, but the converter isn't liking life to increase HP yet. Then comes turbos, studs, injectors, dual pumps, all in stages.

Any chance you can post more screenshots??

All of this info is awesome!!!!:evil:evil

I can post a ton of them, but have a gentleman's agreement with the beta crew and efi to not jump the gun. What would you like to see? Let me know, and I'll see what I can do.

Rpm hang is annoying & dangerous.
Maybe some of the standalone guys following,will chime in. Are they seeing any.
Sorry to state the obvious, but these advancements are long over do.
And being a SCI user, knowing Ill have to wait another year makes me even more grumpy.
:doh:

But Im happy for you 06 guys:snoop:

Doug, I doubt it'll be a year. The hang is dangerous and really surprized it is just a "given". Hopefully it'll be a thing of the past.

Bob and I can make it do it and turn it off by making changes in the tuning using efi live, so we know what is doing it. Now we need to really get after the HP and make sure the results work in very large HP tunes. My tranny gets done this week, Feel I'm at about 450HP and have absolutely 0 hang with the adjustments, but the converter isn't liking life to increase HP yet. Then comes turbos, studs, injectors, dual pumps, all in stages.

So, how did you fix this and Marco can't, or does marco care? hmm I suppose we may never know

You have no idea what you're talking about. Did you know that EFI was developed by some of the most respected names in the Duramax community with 0 tuning tutorials? Im pretty sure we all did it without knowing who Trent was either. Those beta testers taught themselves how the software functioned and added parameters wherever possible. This was late 2005-early 2006. There were no aftermarket rods, twin cp3 kits, fancy cams or heads available. Nothing. In 2006, EFI Live came to market along with many other performance hard parts. While you and Trent were playing video games, there were many of us spending 10's of thousands of dollars on hard parts to see what our trucks could do. The first person to be blamed on a failure was the EFI tuner. Box tuner companies and companies doing custom tuning in house knew the threat of EFI software to their business, so they wanted to bash it. A failure happened, "Must be the idiot using EFI Live that caused it." Companies selling high dollar hard parts with little to no testing completed on those parts used tuners as scape goats so they didnt have to make good on selling junk parts. Fast forward a year. Diesel shops coming out of the woodwork to make a buck from every swinging dick driving a diesel truck. Once again, **** breaks and it's the tuners fault. Now 5 years later, we are still talking about EFI tuners breaking stuff? Get real. If your EFI Live tuner isn't trusted enough for you to think he isn't going to blow your truck up, then don't use the damn tuner. And to add insult to injury, has anyone seen what is used to make power on these Cummins CR motors as of now? If stacking boxes with little to no data logging is safe, then letting Bubba at the truck stop EFI Live tune your truck will be safe too.

You hit the nail right on the head Bobo. EFI Live is going to be a much safer way to tune a truck than blindly stacking 3 or 4 chips to make power.

EFI Live

I am really looking forward to this product rolling out when it's ready. At the same time I really hate to hear negatives on products like Smarty. Marco brought out a really good product and then has consistently made improvments available to all of us via his site and only if you had the supporting mods to run the big stuff did he have Bob give it to you. I'd say that demonstrates he cares about giving you what you can handle but he sure doesn't want to give you something to blow up your truck. A lot of companies could care less.

Think about what you say before you start slamming a guy like Marco. My $.02

I am really looking forward to this product rolling out when it's ready. At the same time I really hate to hear negatives on products like Smarty. Marco brought out a really good product and then has consistently made improvments available to all of us via his site and only if you had the supporting mods to run the big stuff did he have Bob give it to you. I'd say that demonstrates he cares about giving you what you can handle but he sure doesn't want to give you something to blow up your truck. A lot of companies could care less.

:doh: Not that I will disagree about the great product in the past, but some of what you said I just can't agree with anymore.

Chris

:clap:

JasonC, if you want to ask Marco those questions yourself... Rumor is, He will be at our SS race in FL later this month!!

Rpm hang is annoying & dangerous.
Maybe some of the standalone guys following,will chime in. Are they seeing any.
Sorry to state the obvious, but these advancements are long over do.
And being a SCI user, knowing Ill have to wait another year makes me even more grumpy.
:doh:

But Im happy for you 06 guys:snoop:

No RPM hang running a stand alone. Even if the pressure overshoots considerably.

High pressure seemed to be the aggravating factor with the smarty, (not picking on it....thats just the one I know)......more likely a severe mismatch of actual injector flow at pressure, and the min fuel quantity being too high.

Hopefully I didn't appear to be bashing anyones product.

We can make the "hang" with efi also. I've never seen a smarty tune, so can't comment on what it has or doesn't have as far as pressure.

I can post a ton of them, but have a gentleman's agreement with the beta crew and efi to not jump the gun. What would you like to see? Let me know, and I'll see what I can do.

I'd like to see main timing maps for operation temps, duration, and rail maps for operation temp. All for stock sw, and possibly for a boxed tune, and maybe your tune...

Might be too much to ask, but I'd like to see what's up.

Thanks
Les

Sorry, there are some that might post "box" tuners tables, but I'm not one of them. Again, I'm not posting my tune tables over the internet, sorry if that is not acceptable to you.

I'll post some stock tables when I get a spare minute.

Sorry, there are some that might post "box" tuners tables, but I'm not one of them. Again, I'm not posting my tune tables over the internet, sorry if that is not acceptable to you.

I'll post some stock tables when I get a spare minute.

Fair enough...thank you!!

Thanks
Les

Why is that the ''box'' tuners tables are kept in the dark? For instance when I asked what timing is for my box it brought laughs (instead of answers) from the box manufacture. So I will ditch the box as soon as EFI hits the market.

Back