EFILive Beta First Impressions

some ppl dont have time to sit around and read 36 pages of info. and might I say, some of the posts on this thread doesnt have information on it at all. I for one dont have time to read about tacos and fish on a efi live thread, nor do I want to. and its a bunch of nonsense. Actually for him to bring up a question again that already has been answered isnt near as bad as talking about some of the things that have been posted........So, thats all I have to say.

handbang.gif
Most of the people talking about fish tacos are the ones following this thread from the beginning, funny how that works... So many people get pissed about the attitude on here, I just find it hilarious.

Last edited:
EFI Live support need so help

WANTED: EFILive 06-07 5.9L ECM reads
Just a quick update for you all, we have finished Mapping the 5.9L operating systems we've received, but we think that there are more out there. To offer as complete support as possible, we are seeking ECM reads from 06-07 5.9L vehicles.

Reading the ECM doesn't use a license, so if you are a Duramax Customer and have a buddy or neighbour with a Cummins, we'd really appreciate the read files.

There are also a number of Cummins Customers who have pre-purchased their FlashScan in anticipation of our release, and we'd also like to gather files from your trucks. There would be nothing worse in pre-purchasing to find out that we don't yet support your OS and you'll have to wait another week or 2 for us to map support.

If you are able to assist us you will need to download and install our Feb 2nd pre-release software, available here January 31st 2011 pre-release (Updated Feb 03, 2011). The downloads are located in the first post.

Once you've read your file please save it and email it to me cindy at efilive dot com. Although you've read and saved the file, you will not be able to view it with your software, at this point that process is still restricted to beta.

Thanks again

Cheers
Cindy

Yes anyone with a Black or Blue V2 that has or knows of someone with a 06-07 5.9l if you could read the tune and send to cindy@efilive.com that would be great. This will help make public release go more smoothly.

As far as the ambient air temp fuel limiters go, we have quite a few limiting tables, but we are waiting for data logging to determine what each table does and when the ECM uses them.

I can comment on the fish tacos, as I'm in Los Cabos having both beer and fish tacos. Data logging will not be posted as my phone doesn't take great pics, or video, of toliet bowls, thank goodness!

Yes anyone with a Black or Blue V2 that has or knows of someone with a 06-07 5.9l if you could read the tune and send to cindy@efilive.com that would be great. This will help make public release go more smoothly.

As far as the ambient air temp fuel limiters go, we have quite a few limiting tables, but we are waiting for data logging to determine what each table does and when the ECM uses them.

you want just a stock tune or a box tune?

Did you read the post that is 4 posts up from yours? Just to be a little more specific, I haven't seen any tables that reference ambient air temp, but I have seen some that reference intake air temp.

Did you read the post that is 4 posts up from yours? Just to be a little more specific, I haven't seen any tables that reference ambient air temp, but I have seen some that reference intake air temp.

no, it was all about taco's. I didn't see my name referenced. :)

The one thing I noticed back when I had my edge box was boost was a lot less until a magic temperature like 45 degree's or something, then bingo, 5psi more.

Is West Texas Diesel Performance part of the beta testing or do they have plans to support EFI at this point

Larry, you drive a duramax..... don't tell me you have a Cummins pigeon holed down there somewhere too :)

Drive it up here i'll plug into it :evil

Is West Texas Diesel Performance part of the beta testing or do they have plans to support EFI at this point

I'm bad associating names with businesses, so if that's where JoshH works the answer is yes. I believe he's our only beta tester in Texas.

Cheers
Cindy

I'm bad associating names with businesses, so if that's where JoshH works the answer is yes. I believe he's our only beta tester in Texas.

Cheers
Cindy

No, it's not where I work, but I have talked to Smoke Machine about trying EFILive on his truck.