EFILive Beta First Impressions

i will get this done tomorrow! i think those who send the info in should get a pre-release!

You'll be guaranteed that your op. system will be supported when the release comes. This way you don't have to wait for Ross to map out your system if it's not one we currently have. How does that sound?

this great news but y did it take so long for cummins to get efi live ?

Some people you could hand 1000 bucks to and they will look at you and
say, "why did it take you so long to give me this?"

At the rate GM updated the D-Max it tied up EFI LIVE pretty good I would assume, and they do ALOT more than just the D-Max they're main following is LS series GM Motors.

For informative purposes, I have read and been following all 38 pages. This is more of a clarification and possibly informative question. I know that the DSP 5 switch will not be available right away until they figure out how man tunes the ECM can hold. But in addition to my mechanical gauges, I have an edge Insight. I have read that the insight can store EFI tunes for the Dmax. Will that be able to store tunes and tune the cummins or will the DSP switch still be needed. Or if someone could explain exactly how that worked I'd appreciate it.
Thanks
Mathew

THe Edge Insight does not 'store' tunes to my knowledge (I have one on my 05 duramax)...

However, it provides the ability to 'control' the EFI tunes through the Insight *IF* your tune has the proper things done inside to allow for it.

It's really a simple thing from the tuning side... So, to answer your question - On the duramax, yes, the insight can SWITCH between the tunes loaded in the truck already, just like th DSP5 switch does. However, unless there's something i've missed - the Inisght has no ability to 'flash' and EFI tune into a truck

In the Dodge world, that answer will have to come in time.... Right now knowing that they feel there's going to be support for a DSP5 switch should be a great sign :)

Also, you don't have to have both the switch and the Insight both to switch tunes on the duramax. It is an either or.....

Last edited:
Insite switching only works on 01-05 and not Bosch ecm's on the Dmax. The tunes are stored in the ecm and not the edge. The edge just takes place of the switch.

I love how all the Cummins guys are expecting all the cool things that it took the Duramax 5 years to get!

Perfect example what EFI can do is the big money race in FLA. Camomax had great MPH, but terrible 60' times as the truck would not build boost. He sent me a couple data logs via email to me in Mexico. I watched them and made changes to his tuning and emailed back a new tune. He went into the 10's and is # 2 qualifier last I heard.

Making tuning adjustments in real time over the net. Mexico to FLA in seconds with custom tuning setup for new conditions.

Last edited:
I love how all the Cummins guys are expecting all the cool things that it took the Duramax 5 years to get!

Yeah, I got tired of waiting and bought a duramax 2 years ago. LOL

Last edited:
Perfect example what EFI can do is the big money race in FLA. Camomax had great MPH, but terrible 60' times as the truck would not build boost. He sent me a couple data logs via email to me in Mexico. I watched them and made changes to his tuning and emailed back a new tune. He went into the 10's and is # 2 qualifier last I heard.

Making tuning adjustments in real time over the net. Mexico to FLA in seconds with custom tuning setup for new conditions.

That's a great example.... The Dodge crowd is in for a very big change in the way they view 'what can be done' to their trucks....

I'm excited to see how the Dodge community reacts to having such a flexible tool at their fingertips when they've been used to not being able to do anything other than use what was 'ok' for so long... It'll be good for all competitors....

*nx*

-->Zach

Well done Rob, just hope that you hadn't started on the Tequila at that stage of the day !:lolly:

Cheers
Cindy

Last edited:

wow just wow the power of the interweb thats great.

Now that the 5.9 is "virtually" in the bag, is the time frame soon for the 6.7?:cheer:

Last edited: