Erick Brown New Diesel ONLY CR Record

No, he is making the ECM do everything and more than the two stacked together. Basically making things so that you have one programmer and no boxes.

While doing this, he has released the PoD. This gives us infinite adjustability while having only one item (except injectors and so on) to make all the power.

That's what I though I read and I miss read your other post.

Does he have insight on how to up the rail pressure over 24.5 as needed? or is that part on a CR dodge always going to need an MP8 or something?

The last time I bought a "box" I got screwed with the TST not stacking well. I hope that doesn't apply to the MP-8 next ;-) Well, maybe we all do hope it does, but some don't. argh, you know what I mean.

Leave the TST off?
Since I'm building my engine now, maybe I should just leave the TST off? Do it all with the smarty....

Lots of tuning, 37 runs, 1 in 800 hp, 3 in 900 hp all the rest were 1000 to 1138 HP. The new tuning is with no TST and the numbers are starting to real look nice and the graphs are looking beautiful. Almost like MARCO drew a line and told the truck how to dyno, oh yah, that is what he did, awesome stuff. No doubt in my mind that the Smarty is head and shoulders above all other programmers and boxes. We're gonna take a break on Erick's truck, Dyno and tune Rip's race truck, then hop back on Erick's Thursday. Marco is pretty sure that the Smarty tune by it self and maybe a little extra rail Pres from an EZ, will be better than stacking. The power through the band is much higher now.

Any guesses on what Rips truck is going to lay down after Marco works his "Black Magic" on it?

That's what I though I read and I miss read your other post.

Does he have insight on how to up the rail pressure over 24.5 as needed? or is that part on a CR dodge always going to need an MP8 or something?

The last time I bought a "box" I got screwed with the TST not stacking well. I hope that doesn't apply to the MP-8 next ;-) Well, maybe we all do hope it does, but some don't. argh, you know what I mean.

The Smarty can do pressure also. The beta's were a good example of that. He can raise the upper limit but usually doesn't. Adding an MP-8 or EZ gives you some on the fly adjustability while driving.

Leave the TST off?
Since I'm building my engine now, maybe I should just leave the TST off? Do it all with the smarty....

It really depends. Since my injectors are so large, we were running the Smarty on 7 on the 1085 run. The TST only would net me 40 hp. With custom mapping the tuning, we could be the same or surpass it.

When we were running the flux 5s, I needed the TST. Knowing what we know now, We could have done all the mapping with the Smarty. The problem is that the Flux 5 map would not work with the Flux 1138 injectors.

Great! :woohoo:

Are you sampling the interstage temps by chance?
Mostly curious if they're below ambient...

I haven't gotten a chance to put in temp probes. I've had a hard time finding some gauges that read low temps. Know of any?

When we had the ice water flowing, even the air-to-air was crazy cold because of the cooled air from the air-to-water.

Nice job Erick and all the others too!! thats soooooo damn cool:rockwoot:
Erick I knew your set-up was gonna be sick!! but damn it's even better then I thought!
Marco you are the man....crazy!!! all that on one programmer:clap:

nice job guys!!:clap:

Congrats Erick, you are where most of us wish to get. Good job and a good payoff on all the long hours of work. Joe

The DMax 'Liner that recently broke those old records at Bonneville with 34X mph passes used ~40lbs. of ice per run... 57psi boost & over 1200HP is impressive.

The DMax 'Liner that recently broke those old records at Bonneville with 34X mph passes used ~40lbs. of ice per run... 57psi boost & over 1200HP is impressive.

out of 40 dyno runs, we used a totall of 6 trash cans full of ice.

Yeah, we probably went through 400 lbs of ice in a couple of days. In 4 runs, it reduces 40 lbs of ice to cool water.

LOL... dual purpose. Beers anyone? :Cheer:

I'm starting to think it might be a pretty good idea.....:Cheer:

Hey Erick, thanks again for dinner, that was nice of you to pick up the tab.:thankyou2:

Well any numbers from Rip's unit? I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the 2005 results....

Well any numbers from Rip's unit? I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the 2005 results....

We never got mine on the dyno.Had some machine shop/assembly issues with a new motor, that didn't last 40 miles of break in :poke: . What a blown opportunity, missing a chance to be Micro Tuned by Mads. :bang A HUGE thanks to Reb & Brown's Diesel for all the help. :thankyou2: Erick is the man :bow:, but he's now sporting a large red X on his back.

Our pleasure to help, Rip. The whole time Rip has been here, we haven't stopped laughing. We seriously needed the comic relief this last week.

Back