F250/Cummins Swap

So my dumb ass forgot to put a gasket under the oil line adapter. I screwed it together when the turbo was in the house and just forgot since it looked like I had assembled it.

It took every ounce of my being not to run to town and get a gasket so I could drive it tonight.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Half inch clearance everywhere that needs it.
77c3326d32ce068734636ee6af4d8c71.jpg

It has a ton of room for a bottom turbo. I would hate to know what I would have to change to get an intermediate pipe in there.

Drove it about 100 miles. No issues. Big change in sound, both exhaust note and compressor sound.
Not the wow I was hoping for, lots of work on the tuning side to do.
I dumped a ridiculous amount of smoke trying to burn out what was left in the muffler after the previous failure. I should have pulled it and drained it but oh well.

I'm probably going to take the TCC lockup to higher road speed and let the engine spin on fluid coupling a bit longer to try and make it move better down low. Definitely have to pull fuel out in the off-boost areas.
I'm wondering if using a little bit of post injection will help with spool up. I need to look and see where it stops on this tune. I wish the 849 had enough control to do antilag like JSP did back in the day.

If anyone has any tips for timing and fueling I would appreciate any input offered. I'm going to spend some time tonight to try and get it to build steam a bit quicker and cut out the low low end overfuel.

Found a reference in an older thread that said drop timing to a negative number and run post events. I did both of those and now it boosts more like my 63 did. I'm going to spend the weekend working with it to trim out the smoke on transitional throttle and the idle haze the post event is causing.

I had some input from a tuner, I was headed the right way, reduced main fuel, I wasn't being aggressive enough with negative timing to build exhaust energy. Dropped main timing to negative 10 degrees between 600 and 2000 rpm and then blended the table. The changes made killed the idle, so I corrected it this morning by setting timing back where it was between 600 and 800, and reflashed. Tune one drives like the 63mm did now. I still need to shave off a touch of main fuel, but the smoke is more than tolerable in my opinion. I am thinking about lowering timing north of 2000rpm to see if it will help with acceleration there. The tune from 2000+ hasn't been changed much as all.

My shifts bring it back to about 1750rpm and I'm seeing about 840uS of fuel at the point. It smokes a bit then and then immediately clears as the rpm increases.
I will try to get a video. It's no beast yet but it is going the direction I want.

I'm fascinated with using post injection for spool but it seems like no one uses it. I do know it made my rail pressure drop and take a second to catch up.
I didn't get to play with the file this evening but I did watch the log file I made and know where to make changes to kill the last bit of smoke.

Last edited:
Cold Start with the S472 - YouTube

I don't know wtf Otis was doing holding the starter that long. I really need to disable it. That's the 3rd or fourth time it's done that in the last year.

A little rowdy after the first hit and then it smooths out. I don't know if it's worth trying to kill that initial lope or not.

I had some input from a tuner, I was headed the right way, reduced main fuel, I wasn't being aggressive enough with negative timing to build exhaust energy. Dropped main timing to negative 10 degrees between 600 and 2000 rpm and then blended the table. The changes made killed the idle, so I corrected it this morning by setting timing back where it was between 600 and 800, and reflashed. Tune one drives like the 63mm did now. I still need to shave off a touch of main fuel, but the smoke is more than tolerable in my opinion. I am thinking about lowering timing north of 2000rpm to see if it will help with acceleration there. The tune from 2000+ hasn't been changed much as all.

My shifts bring it back to about 1750rpm and I'm seeing about 840uS of fuel at the point. It smokes a bit then and then immediately clears as the rpm increases.
I will try to get a video. It's no beast yet but it is going the direction I want.

I'm fascinated with using post injection for spool but it seems like no one uses it. I do know it made my rail pressure drop and take a second to catch up.
I didn't get to play with the file this evening but I did watch the log file I made and know where to make changes to kill the last bit of smoke.

All the detail you are providing on tuning makes me want a common rail. That is a cool truck you built.

All the detail you are providing on tuning makes me want a common rail. That is a cool truck you built.
I wish I had gotten in to it before big brother was out to get us. I also wish I had before kids and work took all my time away.

sploosh - YouTube

WOT tune one rolling onto an on ramp. I tried to clean the mirror and it got out of hand. I screwed up manual shifting too, so it snuffed a bit. The 5yo niece loves "uncle tyles twuck" though.

Finger Banging the Anteater Pro Beta Hardware in my Superduty #Fummins - YouTube

Gonna run these fender grille inserts for a while and see how I feel. I used black gloss finger nail polish to try and give the embossed parts a gloss bubble look and get rid of the 3D print lines. First one went like shit. Second one looks good after changing my technique. Still not a small Asian man, so I could never be "him".
ff061f73ff310823199f84482dbe7684.jpg
c8177d591893d52b734aa89853653099.jpg

Looks good man. Does having your exhaust housing that close to the computer ever worry you? I always think long term it's gotta be hard on the board, but I guess ours is Recessed into the wiper cowl.