F250/Cummins Swap

I had two epiphanies today...
1) when I modified both of my anteater remotes, I put the locating tang on the spare remote backwards, which in turn caused it to not power up because the connector was installed backwards. I fixed that in about 30 seconds and now my tap shift works flawlessly with the backup remote I stalled. And that engine is badass on tune 5 between 2300 and 3500. I really need to get some Dyno numbers.

2) Cummins ships out stamped steel exhaust caps for troubleshooting to clamp off the turbine exhaust outlet. I just need to fi d the one at work I stead of buying one. When I find them, I will post up the part numbers. Snedge may have them handy.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Datalog of Startup - YouTube

Screen recording of the lawn mower starting sequence. RP has a 4 mpa variance. I'm going to watch it a few more times.
I went back and reviewed some older tune revisions, and the pilot timing and quantity have changed. I think before, pilot was at a constant 12 degrees, with the current tune using an actual map.

I'm a dummy. I don't remember why or when I did it, but I created a shelf in the timing table at 1000rpm. I think maybe I was trying to build exhaust energy for the larger turbo by retarding main timing, which explains why it wasn't an issue when it was cool last spring.

I thought it sounded like a timing issue but I'm a dummie when it comes to programming a CR.

I thought it sounded like a timing issue but I'm a dummie when it comes to programming a CR.
The mechanic in me is very, very pessimistic.

I put another tune revision in it today. Should know in the AM if that killed the fog

So according to the log I made last night, cruising at 80mph/2050rpm puts me at ~600uS and 31° of pilot timing, 7 degrees main timing. Power is descent.

I was seeing about 800egt.

Is there room for improvement?
I'll be taking it to the mountains in TN two weekends from now. Maybe too hilly to get a fair economy measurement.

Was bored the other night.

Towing mpg from KY to almost Birmingham. Not happy, but not terrible. Mpg took a hit after the 472 went on.
3b81c2715f0e286e6e87cfbabf846a1b.jpg
93084e4e5865001885f98f601e568df1.jpg

Well I fucked that up. 13mpg 1st leg, 14mpg second leg, 11 on the last leg.
I dropped the duration 10% and it bit me. I guess I will flash back a revision tomorrow.

I was running about 11 degrees of main timing across the table where I hit cruising speed. Pilot is considerably higher. I didn't account for the change in I let Air Temp between KY and FL. I never even looked at the iat/coolant temp timing multiplier tables. Guess I will have to now.
56c6bdfa2c37cdc1aec87d335a3599a8.jpg
f5e03ff402f4db50e21277cde7e92880.jpg
5690347c40066272f67e7920be2bfd49.jpg

So I built a CSP5 tune from a manual file, changed the VIN to match the auto file I had been using, and then proceeded to copy every table and scale from the auto tune I've been using.

For some reason, tune 1 will not run. I can make it. I'm not catching where the issue is.

I'm also to the point of junking it and starting over. I wanted to run the manual file to see if it would get rid of that status code related derate.

I missed post injection air density adjust 4. Try again today.

Hhmmmm last iteration appears to have fuel economy back up. Should know tomorrow some time. May not be a good comparison since I will be in the smokeys

I ran 260 miles on half a tank, and a few thousand feet of elevation change. I have got to sharpen my pencil on the boost fuel control table, climbing to Clingman's Dome was a bit smokey ? but it worked out well for that Chevy traverse that thought he needed to be in my asshole the whole way up the mountain. I completely blacked out each one of the tunnels on US441 just to let him know what's up.
Now I'm pissed I didn't bring my laptop to work on the tune while I'm here.

Anyone have a serial number for an A.R.E. super duty truck top from 2010-2016?
I need the part numbers to swap my rear glass to the style that covers the step tailgate. This one came from an older truck without the step gate. I really just want to swap the glass or the trim at the bottom of the glass instead of trying to swap tops. I will get a picture when I can.

This is the first time since the 472 went on and I think the second time in 50,000 miles of having the Cummins in. I have a couple of things to changes but I'm going to keep pushing. This is with 75% of I injection before TDC.
e9c39df50212cfee03f220fae7a2f8a3.jpg

Backed up that last tank through half tank. Might be able to squeeze a little more out now that I'm not running interstate speed.

No, no pop-up this time.

Back