Freds truck drags sacramento ca

I told Harv with the red Ramcharger in the gold mine about it, and he sends his wishes as well from his lunch break Brad!

So happy to hear your okay Brad. That was quite a scare you gave us all. Thoughts and prayers sent to you.

The main question is how's Dana after all of this? Love that family,hope they're home and taking it easy. I miss a race and all hell breaks loose. Brads one of the toughest dudes around. If he's talking pizza and cocktails all is well.

they stayed in Sacramento last night, probably in Orangevale at Dean's shop getting the race car right now. Things may be delayed a little because of the weather, first rain of the season dumped over an inch since midnight and is still coming down. Poncis should be home late this afternoon.

Damn that sucks but glad you are OK Brad, you can always build another race car, getting a second body is a hell of a lot tougher. Be well.

We just got home a few minutes ago. Got the car unloaded and up on jack stands. Going to get some rest now, and get things together tomorrow.

Tell Brad to give me a call when he can, I still want to put pictures of the Altered in the magazine if he can stomach them.

Wow just seeing this! Good to hear Brad is ok- the soreness will go away with time.

Sorry bout the car.....

So Glad to hear you were ok Brad. Scared the **** out of us.

Sorry about the car but things can be rebuilt.. Take care of yourself.

I know there was video from the stands and if it survived and came out the gopro was on and recording also. I was told he would post them when he gets time. Was scary as hell and I only saw the aftermath. I am sure he will chime in when he feels up to it.

Joe

I'll pass on watching that one. I normally watch crash videos, but knowing Brad is in there will tie my stomach into knots. Glad I left early and missed the run.

Damn dude. I'm glad your ok. Unfortunately the races landed on my 1 day off in 3 weeks so I was a total couch cricket, but I'm kinda glad I missed seeing this. Like everyone said, a new race car can/will be built, you are kinda one of a kind. Irreplaceable. You made it. :rockwoot:

Drive on buddy!!!

Edit - 2 years ago I remember running out on the track and helping Taylor out of the truck he flipped........ what is it with Sac raceway and seriously hot diesels?

Last edited:
Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. Im ok, just a little beat up. Body will take a little time to heal. There has been a few moments i have had with just the wreakage and myself. I have to say if it wasnt for the support from my family and friends i would be even more depressed than i am. Thanks to all who stepped up at the track to load all the debree and made sure my truck and trailer was safe. I have to thank Steve Qkiss for building me a cage that kept me contained and Bob Lewis, Derick Hansen, Max Jeffers, Colin Beddow and Stomp for the help to make sure every run was safe. I will build something else, but it wont be ready by next season. My focus for the upcoming season is with my daughters truck and helping cbtoyz at the track. I have to thank my sponsers that made it possible. Qkiss, S&H MACHINE, GDS, DDP, GOEREND and HAMILTON CAMS. Thanks for all the love and support!! I am going to post a video in hopes that everybody will put safety first in any build and power last on the list. Please learn from my misfortune. In any build be anal and make sure evrything is done correctly and attention to detail is a must. Always try to strive to be better every time you pickup a tool. Never and i mean Never skimp on safety gear and if a track tech says your not up to par with the safety equip or cage then fix it and dont be a JERK. Remember he is only looking out for yours and everybodys safety. Everybody please be safe!!!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzlOpg3FUeg"]Freds 7th Annual Truck Drags with Noid at Sacramento Raceway Park - YouTube[/ame]
This is the only video that i have thats ready. It at the very end of it. I dont know how to edit out the promo stuff. Sorry.

Happy your safe buddy......

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Brad,
Have you all figured out what happened suddenly at the end that caused the wreck?

That truck before yours in the video that wrecked looked pretty bad as well, is that track doomed or what?

Scary stuff, makes me even more ambitious to install a good cage in my racer.

Brad,
Have you all figured out what happened suddenly at the end that caused the wreck?

That truck before yours in the video that wrecked looked pretty bad as well, is that track doomed or what?

Scary stuff, makes me even more ambitious to install a good cage in my racer.

I am wondering the same thing, I've raced the track, doesn't seem too bad. The wreck was well after the finish line when the chute was pulled. Good thing Brad is built like a fire plug, and tough as nails.

We cant see anything with the car at this point. All the fluids were in tacked except the trans fliud due to front axle getting severed off the chassis. Going thru the traps i got this white gritty stuff that i couldn't wipe off. So basicly i was driving blind at 160mph. I pulled the chute and started to brake lightly but i had no sence of depth perception. I new the return road rails were near but had no exact idea. I braked a little harder and before i new it the slicks locked up and bounced. At that point the chute controlled the rear of the car. The side of the slick bit in and it rolled 3 times and slid on the left side to a stop. As far as we can tell on my helmet and side of the body there is grease sweep and oil debree.