Fuel Economy cam updates

Just put the edge CTS on today. Fueling is the same as it was with the comp box but the display and the sensors are amazing! It is so nice to be able to read so much data on the screen at once, and with the extra pressure sensors you are not held back by the OEM map pressure limits. I will be driving to Waco tomorrow and will get data, then the turbo and exhaust.

What kind of crack is your truck on? :lolly: 800 @ WOT my ass. :hehe:

Ill believe it. He's getting over 30mpg. That engine is barely working to push that truck. Especially with the gearing. Think about how low your egts are in your first three gears. Same idea here.

im going to be putting this cam to work late november, im going to be doing a round trip from Maryland/Tennessee.

my speedo is 10mph too slow

[ame="http://s417.photobucket.com/albums/pp259/crabbelle/?action=view&current=photobucket-3713-1317824152584.mp4"]2011-10-05_09-55-32_947 video by crabbelle - Photobucket[/ame]

Ill believe it. He's getting over 30mpg. That engine is barely working to push that truck. Especially with the gearing. Think about how low your egts are in your first three gears. Same idea here.
I have the same gears. I can drive 20 mph slower than him an still not get under 500.

Still takes the same power to push that truck down the road at a given speed, regardless of rpm. You go half the speed, you need a quarter of the power. Thats why EGT's are low in the first three gears.

Im hoping the new cam allows me to get more air in the engine at a lower rpm. So maybe down the road I can bump up to a higher 5th gear...cough, cough..... drop the rpms and still maintain the same speed

I can't wait to try it out. I should be getting my guages/data logger installed in the next couple weeks then I'll do the swap. I just hand calculated for about the 50th time this year milage and it is either 13.99 or 14.00 almost everytime no matter how I drive it. It will tickle me to death to see 16.00+ if the swap will do it.

Gotta couple of projects to finish at work, as soon as they are done, I am taking some time off........ I am going on a CAM staycation.

Well, I can run down the highway and lower the rpms to say 1500 in double OD and not see any haze, or hint that the engine is lugging. On flat ground I was able to get down to 1200 @55mpg again double OD. When I had to accelerate the engine came up to 1600-1700 and with only a hint of haze.....I didn't mat it, ijust slowly applied foot pressure...................now to the other end of the rpm gauge. This cam will pull all the way to 4k but you can feel it level off just before, which was expected But in my truck I was already doing 130mph,so im please. The only thing I swapped from the H2 that I was running was the cam, clutch and tappet cover.

Ill get gauge readings after I figure out my egt gauge issue. But as of right now my boost went up 1-2 psi at cruise and drive pressure went down to 0