Fuel Economy cam updates

I now have my gauge hardware and am working at getting it all installed. As soon as I get it all in, I'll work on the data logging part of it. My plan is to take a load of hay to my paw-n-law on Thanksgiving with the stock cam and log some data. Then come home and put the cam in. Then I'll take the other load to him and log it. I'll also get loaded mpg for 175 miles of the same highway. Should gross around #25,000 give or take both trips. You guys with fast trucks can do your thing....I'll get some heavy towing numbers since that's what I do best. :D

Sneak peak..... :evil

ScreenCaptureNightGreen.png

oil pressure
intake temp
exhaust temp
RPM
water temp
boost press
drive press

I'm going to change the needles to orange to match the dash too.

^^^i like that. Text or call me sometime I would love to pick one of them up. 443 623 6029

^^^ they are about $XXXX.XX just for the monitor...without optional sensors and extra junk. You really want one? I can hook you up once I master the programming.

Last edited:
I now have my gauge hardware and am working at getting it all installed. As soon as I get it all in, I'll work on the data logging part of it. My plan is to take a load of hay to my paw-n-law on Thanksgiving with the stock cam and log some data. Then come home and put the cam in. Then I'll take the other load to him and log it. I'll also get loaded mpg for 175 miles of the same highway. Should gross around #25,000 give or take both trips. You guys with fast trucks can do your thing....I'll get some heavy towing numbers since that's what I do best. :D

Sneak peak..... :evil

ScreenCaptureNightGreen.png

oil pressure
intake temp
exhaust temp
RPM
water temp
boost press
drive press

I'm going to change the needles to orange to match the dash too.

looks interesting, what kind of monitor is that?

i really like that how much do you think you could put it together for?

I've been drooling over the pictures on your facebook. Should've guessed it was the powerview. They were still in development when I switched jobs.

Sent from my BB 9650 while enjoying air ride and country music

Nice display Jory!

Put the turbo 62-68-12 on truck with 4" exhaust today. Going to drop it two inches tomorrow and then the testing begins!

Nice display Jory!

Put the turbo 62-68-12 on truck with 4" exhaust today. Going to drop it two inches tomorrow and then the testing begins!

Hey Zach!! Nice meeting you at SEMA.

When are we gonna put one of those cams on my truck?? I already have enough power :hehe:

Might be of interest here but when I went back to a stock cam from a H2 on my common rail I gained 4mpg back, no other change.

Hey Zach!! Nice meeting you at SEMA.

When are we gonna put one of those cams on my truck?? I already have enough power :hehe:

Whenever, I'm ready when you are

Joesixpack, Sorry to hear about that. What turbos were you running with that setup?

Last edited:
64/480. Don't have much to explain it but have 3 full tank runs with the h2 all came within .3 of a mpg on the same trip. Same 3 trips same conditions with the stock cam (04.5) and +4 mpg. On paper and what the ecm tracked as well.

18 on the H2, 22 stock. (Uk gal)

Frankly didn't notice much of any loss of spool and for that matter think it has more bottom off boost torque.

Its going to be planted on the dyno all winter so will quantify more.

So I guess what I'm getting at is I can't explain why I seen that BUT obviously there has to be some gains to be had, at what must be cost to maximum performance.

Last edited:
Slick set up Jory cant wait to see what you come up with as far as number go. Plus its nice to see some numbers come from a VP truck insted of a 12 valve or a CR.

Might be of interest here but when I went back to a stock cam from a H2 on my common rail I gained 4mpg back, no other change.

that might explain why i cant get 22 mpg again, ive actually noticed a bit less mileage too since the installation of my h2. I changed the timing so i blamed that for a long time. hmmm

I Installed the drive pressure gauge, lowered the truck 2", 80 hp injectors, 62-68-12 turbo, 4" exhaust, and replaced the 180 degree thermostat with a 190.
Almost ready to some cam testing.

I Installed the drive pressure gauge, lowered the truck 2", 80 hp injectors, 62-68-12 turbo, 4" exhaust, and replaced the 180 degree thermostat with a 190.
Almost ready to some cam testing.
Zach can we get a group buy on this cam? Seems like we got enough intrest.