Fuel Economy cam updates

Don't put the cart before the horse! I have to make sure these things work right or I will have some angry guys. This is just an expirement. I am doing the research in front of you all so that you can believe what is said by the people that are actually trying it out, and not me just trying to make a buck. So many people have been burned by cams that don't really worked like they are supposed to, that I thought a change was due. That being said, if enough people sign up for it, after testing is done, I will definitely do a group buy.

Zach

I'm hoping that this cam gets rid of the bucking/surging that the VP trucks with mods are notorious for. Cold weather is back...and so if the effin surging. Noticed it bad this morning.

That will be interesting to see.

After the new thermostat, truck is running 192-196 degrees where it was at 180-183 before. Thinking about doing something with the fan and water pump soon.

I'm hoping that this cam gets rid of the bucking/surging that the VP trucks with mods are notorious for. Cold weather is back...and so if the effin surging. Noticed it bad this morning.

Do you have an Edge box on your truck?

After the new thermostat, truck is running 192-196 degrees where it was at 180-183 before. Thinking about doing something with the fan and water pump soon.

what thermostat did you go to? i cant get mine over 160 w/o the fan

Added the electric water pump, ditched the fan, and now the truck runs 197-199 down the road. Going to drop the front end 2" and then the fun starts.

Zach

Do you have a brand and part # for the 190 t-stat?

It was a Motor rad 190#. I do remember I had them cross the part number for all of you and it crossed back to a Stant part number. All I remember is that the stocker 180 degree ended in 88 and the 190 degree ended in 89. Find someone that can look up the stant number and add a 9 to the end of that.

Dropped the front 1.5" today. Little word of advice, if you are heating the coils, do not mess with the ones in the middle, work with the bottom ones first and keep heating to stack them. If you mess with the middle or the top it will make it spongy and weird. Also, stop short, because after you let off the truck will continue to lower another 8th or so.

Thinking about building a better air dam tomorrow after church.

Zach

zach any thoughts on creating some big bowl fly cut higher compression pistons say in the 17.5 range? i know mahle is not making some big bowl fly cut pistons out of the box but they are down to around 14.5.. im not interested in lowering compression at all if possible to acctually raise it slightly but with reliefs...
i guess i could just deck the block and the top of the pistons to get the same effect..

I have a cam, piston, head package for Some one wanting to run a large single........ Stay tuned!

I just cut one coil off on my old truck. I dearched the rear springs. That was a mistake I should have just pulled a couple leaves.
d9abecfe.jpg

I might try to put in a 3.07 rearend in this truck out of a 1991 we have at the shop before we do the cam testing. If so, I will do it tomorrow or the next day. I am hoping to do the before dyno tests Thursday or Friday.

Zach