Hamilton 12V head

this is purely a guess on my part, just going by what I've seen in the performance world... this kind of stuff takes a lot of time for smaller companies... there is a LOT effort that goes into something like this!

what happend to all the shinanigans about the new cylinder head? project scrapped?

I doubt it will be anytime soon, supply and demand is not there for anyone to create a head, or multiples in our case as I have no desire to run a 24 V head.

Jim

No shenanigans here. It is quite an undertaking and a big risk for us but I am hoping it all works out.

I finallized the design with the manufacturer and the plant engineers, Monday. The tooling is being made and I have been quoted 60-90 days on samples. The first samples will go to Greg Young(ZZ fab) who did all of the port design, to verify the flow numbers and wall thicknesses (cut up head). The second head will be going to Van Haisley for Dyno/abuse testing. Pending they pass, at that point they will be for sale.
The first order will be 10 pieces.

To be on the list to get one of the first 10, call Ryan a 1-512-804-9015 and ask him to place you on the list. You will be called when testing is complete and the price is set.

Once they reach production numbers, we are aiming at a $2900 price for a bare casting and a bit more for a fully assembled head. As production rises the heads will become more affordable. I think I can say pending testing, porting factory heads is done.

Here are the design features
-1.850" intake, 1.750" exhaust both 21-4n for high heat, +.100" length
- .250" thick port walls
-improved port design aimed at 275cfm@ .650" (intake)
- no coolant ports under the intake
- three bolts on top front of the intake were removed to improve flow #1
- Fuel filter housing has been removed from the casting
- deck is .100" thicker
- thicker top deck and the option for a one piece valve cover

Zach

Last edited:
there's a market for the 12v head IMO... lots of decent 12v drag trucks, LOTS of 12v pullers. The number of $5-7k cylinder head packages sold annually across all vendors is pretty surprising

Here are the design features
-1.850" intake, 1.750" exhaust both 21-4n for high heat, +.100" length
- .250" thick port walls
-improved port design aimed at 275cfm@ .650" (intake)
- no coolant ports under the intake
- three bolts on top front of the intake were removed to improve flow #1
- Fuel filter housing has been removed from the casting
- deck is .100" thicker
- It also features a thicker top deck and the option for one piece valve cover

Is that the ported or box stock numbers?

Also assuming that they are being cast with a stock type intake?

265-275 out of the box and yes they still have an integrated intake

Forrest, I believe your right. In fact, I am betting a LOT of money on just that.

Zach

As soon as is humanly possible even if I have to pour them myself. The design is almost done on the CR. Pending the manufacturer works out on the 12v I will pull the trigger right away.

Zach

Zach, let me know when these get closer and I will get one. It really is depending on time frame right now. As long as it's not in the next month then I am good. Moving puts a damper on things.

is the injector in the same location as a stock 12v head?

i thought i heard someone talking about making a 12v head with the injector in the middle like a 24v? maybe i was dreaming.

It is in the same spot, No changes on injector protrusion and angle.

Ben, The target price is less than $3500 with my custom springs, larger valves, 10 degree locks, retainers that are half the weight of their Ti competitors, more flow than a max ported stock head(out of the box) and .100" longer valves

Zach