Hamilton 12V head

there are multiple aluminum heads for the ford 2.3 pinto engine, there's an aluminum head for the small Ford I6's... Diesel guys are used to spending high dollars for parts, you're going to sell heads

That's what I'm thinking. Especially since the price is looking to be similar to a decked out head and intake... How many more guys would get a real head instead of a ported turd?

Not to mention the drag racers and street trucks.

And those knuckle dragging street 12v guys will finally have some airflow.

This would be why I am interested. The CFM #s are going to be good for overall performance and a single valve cover option would be great.

This would be why I am interested. The CFM #s are going to be good for overall performance and a single valve cover option would be great.

Like this?
19041_103016553059988_100000549318460_85273_4306318_n.jpg

That is Keating's prototype, I'm not sure when he will release them.

Apparently a 24v billet cover starts as an 88# block!

Better photo:

19041_103016589726651_100000549318460_85275_3455502_n.jpg

Hush Jim.

I will end up selling a kidney to pay Keating for all the billet stuff I need. I'm really wanting a billet gear case like on his dragster.

Like I said the design on the 24v is almost done, If the casting company does well on the 12v I will follow up with the 24v head.

We have some very cool things on deck for later this year if the heads go well.

Zach

put me down for a 24V head! :woohoo:
sounds like every thing is going to work out sweet. i thing you have got a really good thing goin. :clap:

cant wait to see the other very cool things on deck! :rockwoot:

No shenanigans here. It is quite an undertaking and a big risk for us but I am hoping it all works out.

I finallized the design with the manufacturer and the plant engineers, Monday. The tooling is being made and I have been quoted 60-90 days on samples. The first samples will go to Greg Young(ZZ fab) who did all of the port design, to verify the flow numbers and wall thicknesses (cut up head). The second head will be going to Van Haisley for Dyno/abuse testing. Pending they pass, at that point they will be for sale.
The first order will be 10 pieces.

To be on the list to get one of the first 10, call Ryan a 1-512-804-9015 and ask him to place you on the list. You will be called when testing is complete and the price is set.

Once they reach production numbers, we are aiming at a $2900 price for a bare casting and a bit more for a fully assembled head. As production rises the heads will become more affordable. I think I can say pending testing, porting factory heads is done.

Here are the design features
-1.850" intake, 1.750" exhaust both 21-4n for high heat, +.100" length
- .250" thick port walls
-improved port design aimed at 275cfm@ .650" (intake)
- no coolant ports under the intake
- three bolts on top front of the intake were removed to improve flow #1
- Fuel filter housing has been removed from the casting
- deck is .100" thicker
- thicker top deck and the option for a one piece valve cover

Zach

Im really interested in the head. If the engine is running a .040 piston could i benefit from more flow running larger valves than a 1.85/1.75. Also what are you offering for valves springs would you offer your current springs or maybe larger pockets so you could have a larger spring availble.

We are going to run our current spring. It is all that is needed unless you are running twin hx-82's al 150psi or over .700" lift. They are a great spring whenyou look at all of the specs. Of course you could always machine the pocket larger. On the intake you can't go too much larger though, due to the fact that we raised the the port cieling considerably so the spring pocket is neart the port.

On valve size, 1.850 will work with any standard bore. I believe you can fit a 1.890 in a stock bore and a 1.930+/-ish in a .040" over bore. The problem that you get into is that you start to block the additional flow capability with the cylinder wall being so close. Unless you notch your cylinder wall I would not go bigger than 1.890 on any of them. This will allow you to use the "whole" valve diameter for flow potential. On a side not I worked on a .040" over block that had an additional .004" clearance(drag engine) that had 1.940" intakes. The valve on 5 of the cylinders was kissing the cylinder wall. If a slightly smaller valve had been used it would have flowed more air.

Zach

i think what your trying to do with a higher flowing casting is a great thing. you may have already thought of this but many of the pulling and racing classes limit you to a stock appearing oem head. unless youve done some serious work on a cad program that's going to be tough to do appearance wise. now if you could get them to somehow change the rules to including aftermarket heads in all classes i think this idea could change leaps and bounds in the diesel performance world. i'm not trying to discourge you just trying to make a point. i've grown up around gasser motorsports and when they have rules set like these previous rules and someone comes out with something better and more expensive...guys complain and get the better parts outlawed due to the high cost and low availablity and say that their too expensive to run in those classes. just some food for thought. if you can get it done....press on and make some money man. good luck with your new endeavors.

i think what your trying to do with a higher flowing casting is a great thing. you may have already thought of this but many of the pulling and racing classes limit you to a stock appearing oem head. unless youve done some serious work on a cad program that's going to be tough to do appearance wise. now if you could get them to somehow change the rules to including aftermarket heads in all classes i think this idea could change leaps and bounds in the diesel performance world. i'm not trying to discourge you just trying to make a point. i've grown up around gasser motorsports and when they have rules set like these previous rules and someone comes out with something better and more expensive...guys complain and get the better parts outlawed due to the high cost and low availablity and say that their too expensive to run in those classes. just some food for thought. if you can get it done....press on and make some money man. good luck with your new endeavors.

There are so many different pulling associations I couldn't possibly contact them all about a rule change. To make it look stock you would just have to machine off the Texas outline and the E.E.H. on the front of the head. As far as cost, it will be less than a decked out stock head so hopefully thaey don't ban it. IF nothing else we could argue that it will help clean up all of the smoke that is bringing negative press to diesel motorsports. Maybe that fact will help them change the rules.

Zach

As far as cost, it will be less than a decked out stock head so hopefully thaey don't ban it.
Zach

Of course then you will have someone dump the same money into this head as the do a fully decked out head.

Is it safe to say we are looking at about 5-6 months before these heads are made available to the public?

I was quoted april 15th for delivery date on the heads from the manufacturer. I am going to get an update monday or tuesday.

Zach

Flows 275 cfm @ .650?
What will it flow at .400 or .500?

Will milling off the intake and replacing with an individual runner manifold be cost prohibitve now?