Hamilton 12V head

Ben, The target price is less than $3500 with my custom springs, larger valves, 10 degree locks, retainers that are half the weight of their Ti competitors, more flow than a max ported stock head(out of the box) and .100" longer valves

That would be well worth it and I couldn't think of a better people to test it than Haisley Machine.

Jim

It is in the same spot, No changes on injector protrusion and angle.

Ben, The target price is less than $3500 with my custom springs, larger valves, 10 degree locks, retainers that are half the weight of their Ti competitors, more flow than a max ported stock head(out of the box) and .100" longer valves

Zach

wow that sounds like a sweet deal. If there out by this winter you will be getting a call from me.

Like I said the design on the 24v is almost done, If the casting company does well on the 12v I will follow up with the 24v head.

They are working on the 12v 1.82 ratio roller rockers, valves, 12v head, and , .094" longer stroke crank now along with a slightly higher deck block to accept the longer stroke. The crank and the block for now are OE casting/forging that will just be modified slightly at machining. I will look at pricing of the samples and see if there is enough of a market for each piece to be manufactured.

We have some very cool things on deck for later this year if the heads go well.

Zach

Makes me wonder what a shorter stroke and longer rod would do, or a longer rod and different piston.

A longer stroke with the same crank would be easy with a different rod.

Jim

Makes me wonder what a shorter stroke and longer rod would do, or a longer rod and different piston.

A longer stroke with the same crank would be easy with a different rod.

Jim

I think I have such a rod from a factory, 5.2" stroke 6.7L AG engine...and to my untrained eye, it looks to be forged, fracture split...doesn't look like a PM rod.

I need to get one of those pistons to compare to a 5.9 piston!
Chris

Is there a performance diesel head of any kind out there? I was just wondering if this was the first or not.

Zach

I am hearing lots of rumors about stuff being in the works. There are already some aftermarket blocks available.

Larger displacement? Aftermarket heads on the way from other vendors?

I don't have a lot of specifics on the head. I don't think it will be billet, but...

The block has the capability of being larger displacement.

They might take more cubes but the more you get the closer the block is to becoming a watermelon. I know of blocks above 460ci on the OE units and over 1900hp, but if you sneeze wrong the blocks will split down the middle. I was wanting to get more cubes thicker walls and more reinforcement but if this is already being done there is no need to proceed on that project.

Zach

They might take more cubes but the more you get the closer the block is to becoming a watermelon. I know of blocks above 460ci on the OE units and over 1900hp, but if you sneeze wrong the blocks will split down the middle. I was wanting to get more cubes thicker walls and more reinforcement but if this is already being done there is no need to proceed on that project.

Zach

These blocks will handle the HP. I havent seen one in person yet though.

Zach

If you can do it at a reasonable price, go for it. :Cheer:

Little birdy tells me another company has had a 12v head ready to cast and tool up for years.

They don't think their is a market.

There might not be a market, you are not the first to tell me there is no market. Edelbrock at SEMA said the same thing as did A few other head manufacturers.

Zach

there are multiple aluminum heads for the ford 2.3 pinto engine, there's an aluminum head for the small Ford I6's... Diesel guys are used to spending high dollars for parts, you're going to sell heads

I think if the head could be had pre-oring'd for a reasonable price you could sell the hell out of them to the 2.6+ pullers.

Not to mention the drag racers and street trucks.

And those knuckle dragging street 12v guys will finally have some airflow.