Monster vp's, Any world record results yet??

That's in the works too - got any recommendations call me. Didn't we talk about that the other day??

farmboysdiesel said:
I understand what you're saying - nothing has been changed to 'set' this truck up to run 1/8 mile only - 3.54 gearing is the same as last year. I'll be making some 1/4 miles passes this weekend in R'ham. Drive shaft loop system is being put on the truck right now.
sweetness well keep us updated as at the beginning i was a HUGE fan of the monster pumps and as time went by i became a sceptic, but if you can get into the 10s with that truck on fuel only or with some spray, thats saying something about it as i dont think i have ever heard a 10 sec VP truck. good luck and keep me updated Gus.

1. you must or you wouldn't bother to post
2. many people have spent way more than me. do you know how much i have spent?? Dang personal banker that I didn't even know about. Who's writing those checks..........

Stop reading if it's old to you. I posted some times I run to prove that it's doing more than just an SO pump and still people want to yap yap yap and say 'it's not true.' If this bastard ran a 10.90 somebody would still say something smart or throw some other stupid excuse at me about why it just won't do it. It's just getting old - I could prove and prove and prove and it wouldn't make a difference. Done posting on here. You guys have fun.

Last edited:
farmboysdiesel said:
Last engine wasn't even close to being worn out. Actually an engine that lossens up a little will actually make power vs one that is 'tight' after being built.

Didn't the old engine have a crack in the block? Seems I saw vids of it dynoing pouring coolant out on the floor.... As for a new engine being loose, depends on what specs you use to set it up at. I have seen newly built short blocks that could be spun easily by hand.

Jetpilot said:
Didn't the old engine have a crack in the block? Seems I saw vids of it dynoing pouring coolant out on the floor.... As for a new engine being loose, depends on what specs you use to set it up at. I have seen newly built short blocks that could be spun easily by hand.
:clap: Case in point................

Gus forgot to tell everyone he has lightened the truck considerably and added a set of drag radials on all 4 corners since.

Hey Gus, you lowered the truck too right? :kick:

Jetpilot said:

I've been around stocker short blocks and built short blocks- turning the built short blocks over easily by hand is all done with clearancing among other preparations that the factory does not do- for the h.p. they will warranty the engine for.....these preparations will in short help produce a healthy power producing engine...............

To solve this debate in a "civilized fashion" will take a fresh S.O. pump- a Monster Pump and a chassis dyno with testing done on the same vehicle- no other changes nessesary excluding the injection pump swap...... all boxes on same settings....VP swap should take approximately 45 minutes......$.02

Soup Nazi said:
Gus forgot to tell everyone he has lightened the truck considerably and added a set of drag radials on all 4 corners since.

NAZI: I have been in the truck several time. There has NEVER been a set of drag radials on this truck. They are toyo proxes.....lol im not sure where you fabricated that idea that he had slicks :hehe:

Truck has not lost any weight! the rear bumper is off because the truck is awating a roll pan bumper...ok sorry maybe 60lb. loss :shake:

Last edited:
Soup Nazi said:

Oh damn....... come on Gus, this will improve Q-mile times and S.O.P. feel too.......:poke: :poke: any new additives run in the tank that was not previously run- Cause that WILL improve times also........:evil :evil

Is there a Jato Rocket under the bed too?:rules: :woohoo:

9 LIVES said:
NAZI: I have been in the truck several time. There has NEVER been a set of slicks on this truck. They are toyo proxes.....lol im not sure where you fabricated that idea that he had slicks :hehe:

Truck has not lost any weight! the rear bumper is off because the truck is awating a roll pan bumper...ok sorry maybe 60lb. loss :shake:
Drag Radials is what the Soup Nazi said- you even quoted it......... :doh:

And switching from all terrians to drag radials will improve hook and track times and S.O.P. feel.....

Jetpilot said:

A '53' block tends to do this cracking stuff *bdh*

I helped load up the old block...cross hatching was in fantastic shape, bearings looked great & everything checked out to be in great standings with the cummins specs...... wore out? :what: Far from it.

Just needed a new BLOCK due to the cracked ol' 53:ft:

Soup Nazi said:

Took the bumper off and put on Toyo Proxes - not drag radials. Actually tire and wheel are heavier than my last combination. Need pics?? :owned: :kick:

Wait - I put an amp and a sub in the back too. Want me to put a 4in lift under it and run it. Won't make it any slower or faster

Compression was test on old engine - per spec from Cummins. Rods and mains were in perfect shape. Cross hatch marks were still plainly visible. Engine rotated easily by hand when finished - specs were 'looser' than stock.

RacinDuallie said:
Oh damn....... come on Gus, this will improve Q-mile times and S.O.P. feel too.......:poke: :poke: any new additives run in the tank that was not previously run- Cause that WILL improve times also........:evil :evil

Is there a Jato Rocket under the bed too?:rules: :woohoo:

Forgot I had a jet engine under there too. :clap:

Did ya forget about the hitch removal? Second battery?

This might as well be "The Real World" reality show for guys. Bunch of drama queensLOL

Jeff why don't you bring your tube chassis truck down here sometime real soon and we will all have a field day on a local chassis dyno. It's been several years since you started that project im sure all your sponors that built your truck are ready to see some #'s on a dyno? :rockwoot:

Show us how its done champ!:evil

dzlfarmboy said:
This might as well be "The Real World" reality show for guys. Bunch of drama queensLOL

I love it :rockwoot: Who needs tv?

Back