Monster vp's, Any world record results yet??

You know I think its really crazy to argue a moot point.
The thread started asking about world records for the monster VP.

Nope.

Aggrevating but I think you're right. To me it shows that people will always always down grade what others are doing and work to the bitter end to find everything they can wrong to deny what's actually in front of them. Oh well. I just keep on laughing.

If your truck makes you smile it really makes no matter what others think. Right?
Maybe just let it go man.
Or, to handle it perfectly. Take an afternoon and do a pump swap on Dyno or 1/4 mile strip. Three runs with, three runs without.
Start a new thread that says here it is.
World records and personnal opinions aside, you would have numbers.

farmboysdiesel said:
Aggrevating but I think you're right. To me it shows that people will always always down grade what others are doing and work to the bitter end to find everything they can wrong to deny what's actually in front of them. Oh well. I just keep on laughing.

Gus,

I don't think people are downing what you are doing. What guys are asking for is definative proof (back to back dyno) of these pumps performance gains. There are posts about how great the pump is but when concrete evidence is warranted all the info that has been supplied is not tangible. Too much has been changed on your truck to compare this years performance to last. To give unbiased report on this pumps performance back to back dyno runs using electronics will be required. Maybe this pump is a Holy Grail or maybe its no better that an OEM pump but until the questions are answered there will always be doubt.

I thought I posted last night about there only being like 8 pages of info that even purtains to the subject. Good runs though Gus.

Doug - that's what I was trying to prove with the times I ran at the drag strip last weekend but there were flaws found in that. Frankly, I'm to the point where I do give a damn and I'm very happy with the way my truck runs - and as far as people running off at the mouth attacking me about the hype of this pump - who started the damn thread to begin with.

Snedge - you're exactly write - great advice. I'm pusing for 10.90's this afternoon and that'll make me plenty happy. An SO VP won't even run with the lines, tubes and injectors I have now - tried that already. Guess this pumps is flowing more than an SO - would be my guess. Your $.02 was greatly appreciated.

farmboysdiesel said:
An SO VP won't even run with the lines, tubes and injectors I have now - tried that already. Guess this pumps is flowing more than an SO - would be my guess.

This is what I am talking about...... Just because an SO pump won't run with the lines, tubes, and injectors doesn't mean the monster is flowing more fuel. What it means is to make the monster pump live (for whatever reason) you need easy fuel passage. This could be from more fuel delivery or it could be because the pumps durability and longevity is grossly shortened due to its design and machining when normal pressures are run.

farmboysdiesel said:
Doug - that's what I was trying to prove with the times I ran at the drag strip last weekend but there were flaws found in that. Frankly, I'm to the point where I do give a damn and I'm very happy with the way my truck runs - and as far as people running off at the mouth attacking me about the hype of this pump - who started the damn thread to begin with.

Snedge - you're exactly write - great advice. I'm pusing for 10.90's this afternoon and that'll make me plenty happy. An SO VP won't even run with the lines, tubes and injectors I have now - tried that already. Guess this pumps is flowing more than an SO - would be my guess. Your $.02 was greatly appreciated.
Maybe I missed it, but why don't you want to dyno the truck? It doesn't hurt anything, and you should know by now that if you want to be "on top". You should be able to prove it. There are way too many variables in drag racing. It's awesome that you're running that fast, I know I wish I could. But if you're trying to sell a product, you should be able to tell customers exactly what they're getting. Especially with something as expensive as a VP. (Well , expensive for us little guys atleast :bow: )

Gus,

Your dyno numbers in your signature are from your old set up, old engine, etc. Fact is: you dont have any right now with your current set up.

You added cal-tracs.

You removed the read bumper.

You removed the reese trailer hitch

You removed the second battery

You added higher traction tires

And: you promised to remove my logo from your website for nearly a year now. Whats does it take to get the honesty the diesel peformance industry vendors should all exibit?

No kidding I don't have dyno numbers for this setup right now. If I did I you wouldn't be running your mouth off - you're a proven genius for sure.

Don I'm tired or you - really. A true pain in the ass. You keep harping on a damn batter, bumper and a hitch - 150lbs. 60ft times were practically the same as last year. Crying like a biach slapped 3 year old is getting now where. Enough differenc there to compensate for over 6 tenths on fuel only?? Don't think so.

BTW - screw your logo.:kick: I leave that there to aggrevate you - I'll take it down in my own sweet time.

Taking 300lbs of tractor weights with me tonight just to shut you up. Want me to ship you a box of tissue?? You're gonna need them when I'm done with you. LOL

Last edited:
Lucky Jeff said:
Maybe I missed it, but why don't you want to dyno the truck? It doesn't hurt anything, and you should know by now that if you want to be "on top". You should be able to prove it. There are way too many variables in drag racing. It's awesome that you're running that fast, I know I wish I could. But if you're trying to sell a product, you should be able to tell customers exactly what they're getting. Especially with something as expensive as a VP. (Well , expensive for us little guys atleast :bow: )

No good dyno around. I'm gonna say this again and I've said it before - don't care if these things sell or if another one is sold to anybody ever - that's not what I'm trying to do. I'll be making a dyno trip soon.

Jetpilot said:
This is what I am talking about...... Just because an SO pump won't run with the lines, tubes, and injectors doesn't mean the monster is flowing more fuel. What it means is to make the monster pump live (for whatever reason) you need easy fuel passage. This could be from more fuel delivery or it could be because the pumps durability and longevity is grossly shortened due to its design and machining when normal pressures are run.

Let me get this straight - my pump will fill the lines, make correct pressure and pop the injectors to make power and an SO won't even start the truck with this setup. You're telling me that the SO will flow the same and that my pump isn't flowing more than an SO?? Sounds like you're contradicting yourself - volume is volume.

farmboysdiesel said:
No kidding I don't have dyno numbers for this setup right now. If I did I you wouldn't be running your mouth off - you're a proven genius for sure.

Don I'm tired or you - really. A true pain in the ass. You keep harping on a damn batter, bumper and a hitch - 150lbs. 60ft times were practically the same as last year. Crying like a biach slapped 3 year old is getting now where. Enough differenc there to compensate for over 6 tenths on fuel only?? Don't think so.

BTW - screw your logo.:kick: I leave that there to aggrevate you - I'll take it down in my own sweet time.

Taking 300lbs of tractor weights with me tonight just to shut you up. Want me to ship you a box of tissue?? You're gonna need them when I'm done with you. LOL

Did you really just say tractor weights? The same ones I heard about? The ones from the local farmer? You wouldnt be running any red diesel fuel in that truck too would ya?

Tractor supply sells a heck of an electric fuel transfer pump dont they? :hehe:

Soup Nazi said:
Did you really just say tractor weights? The same ones I heard about? The ones from the local farmer? You wouldnt be running any red diesel fuel in that truck too would ya?

Tractor supply sells a heck of an electric fuel transfer pump dont they? :hehe:

You can read!! I own 4 restored classic JD's and two large early 70's diesels that belonged to my grandfather as well as a IH766 - weights belong on my 4620. I do keep a 500 gallon drum of red fuel on the farm. Wouldn't know about Tractor Supply - only purchase salt blocks from them. Thanks for asking.

farmboysdiesel said:
Truck wouldn't spin on fuel only with the AT's - blows these Proxes off on the street with Cal Tracs
Wow, I'm not being sarcastic but my Proxies hook waay better than any A/Ts I ever ran. Problem is they're wearing like sponge rubber. If I would have known that A/Ts provide better traction AND last a lot longer, I would have never bought the Proxies lol. Just curious from the gentleman that dyno tested, why didn't you throw a Comp or something on there and let her rip?

What do you think it would dyno now with your best electronics turned all the way up? Take video of the 1/4 runs. 10.90s with a VP would be great.

Back