New Borg Warner S300sxe Turbos

An o-ring is not necessary if the surfaces are true. Many compressor covers do not rely on an oring to seal to the center section.

An o-ring is not necessary if the surfaces are true. Many compressor covers do not rely on an oring to seal to the center section.

True dat!

Speaking of compressor covers, talked with Jose at FI and the sxe s400 covers are available and measure a .72 AR. He also said they measured a 75-100* discharge temp drop....

They also share the hybrid discharge aswell so you'll have to cut hose fitting off for vband.

Got the sxe369 now as the secondary! And As Turbolver suggested, s300 elbow on!

20160116_005909_1.jpg

It's an amazing swap! Makes power faster and harder than the sxe366. Builds boost faster surprisingly, since the whole reason I went bigger was to try and loose some low end power..... Needless to say the result was the opposite.

Got the sxe369 now as the secondary! And As Turbolver suggested, s300 elbow on!

20160116_005909_1.jpg

Interesting compound turbo selection: 99 lb/min charger over 120 lb/min charger, how does it drive compared to before?

Has the interstage boost gone down quite a bit?

How's the spoolup now vs. before?

It's an amazing swap! Makes power faster and harder than the sxe366. Builds boost faster surprisingly, since the whole reason I went bigger was to try and loose some low end power..... Needless to say the result was the opposite.
Just to clarify did you mean the s366 cause the sxe 366 and the sxe369 are the same other than the inducer side of the compressor wheel

Interesting compound turbo selection: 99 lb/min charger over 120 lb/min charger, how does it drive compared to before?

It's raining here where I'm at so can't get to crazy. I can tell you that spool is unchanged and actually I was trying to loose some torque, but from what I can feel so far the opposite happend. From what I see so far my interstage comes up smoother aswell, bit being unable to get into it I'm curious aswell to where it's getting.

I went with this setup with the thought of essentially what would give healthy bottom end power with room to play up top. Turns out that the 6.7 likes large secondaries aswell as large singles.

While most fixate on the 64 as a secondary for fast spool, I'd never run one on a 6.7 (even as a single ). Knowing now that the 66 was even small as a secondary leaves me confident that this is the right setup for me.

The only thing that changed here was the supercore, it still is the .91 T4 that the 66 used.

I'll try to get some better numbers when roads allow.

Happy to hear you reviews as I have the sxe69 on order for a secondary in my twin setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so to sorta answer your question....... primary boost has not dropped at all. Overall boost psi is up, but again roads not ideal for full pulls. Also I'm dealing with an airdog issue that's causing severe fuel psi drop.

So in 5th gear(68rfe) at 1800rpms I'm at 45 psi with about 17-20 from primary....... the kicker is my fuel psi is 4-6psi....:bang idles at 25psi, but drops stupid fast lol....

Anyhow 6th gear pulls much much much harder, and I'll do some rolls in 6th when safe and get a better feel of turbo loads.

Another important thing regarding how easy spooling is, I'm only running R1s from II. Fixing to go bigger though.

I wonder and think your weight has a good part to do with how easily you get them to light. Not saying it doesn't light amazing but 4k lbs makes a difference. I notice when I've got 1000 lbs on.

I wonder and think your weight has a good part to do with how easily you get them to light. Not saying it doesn't light amazing but 4k lbs makes a difference. I notice when I've got 1000 lbs on.

Agreed! This was one of the things that weighed heavily into my choices. Now keep in mind though at a 3.73 rear and with the 22.5s, my rolling inertia is high which allows for me to stay in a lower rpm range at cruise. This doesn't interfere with spool unless I lug obviously. For a truck this size to be able to get out of its own way ,and respond like this with running a larger secondary you'd think it'd cause some lag. That was why even originally running the 66sxe I wasn't sure of thinking it'd be to big.

Are you positive you went from a 66 SX-E to a 69 SX-E and it spools quicker? I would believe it if you went from one of the older 66 SX turbos to the 69 SX-E but, based on the data we have collected and simple physics, I have a hard time seeing how a larger compressor wheel spools quicker than a smaller wheel with all other parts being the same.

Are you positive you went from a 66 SX-E to a 69 SX-E and it spools quicker? I would believe it if you went from one of the older 66 SX turbos to the 69 SX-E but, based on the data we have collected and simple physics, I have a hard time seeing how a larger compressor wheel spools quicker than a smaller wheel with all other parts being the same.

My lovely sxe experience has been pretty well documented on here. Also if I were anymore positive I would be pooping skittles out of excitement.

Also from a physics stand point.... compare the sxe366 and sxe369 maps...... they start at essentially the same PR and the sxe369 has more up top obviously.

Now I've got an sxe66 I'll sell yall cheap! :Cheer:

Also from a physics stand point the 69 also opens that 3mm extra bottleneck the 66 has from the 6 blade 480. This allows more air flowing across the blade surface sooner since the 480 is always the first to breath and starts that firehouse effect faster.

Now I'll be throwing more fuel at it soon, and deciding whether to go with the 1.0 or 1.1 T4.

Dallas have yall ever used one on a truck?