NGM DIESEL ALMOST GOES 7.68 tonight

yeah that 7.86 in the 1/4 ain't worth a damn. someone watch the time on the video and see when he launches and when the lights finally turn off. AKA his real world 1/4 mile time. I bet his 60' time is super low since his is almost a 1/3 the way there when the lights go off.

Why do so many people dump exhaust and especially wastegates RIGHT behind the front tires? It seems to be a virtual guaranty you will smoke the lights some of the time. I've seen lots of purpose-built diesel race cars/trucks built this way.

yeah that 7.86 in the 1/4 ain't worth a damn. someone watch the time on the video and see when he launches and when the lights finally turn off. AKA his real world 1/4 mile time. I bet his 60' time is super low since his is almost a 1/3 the way there when the lights go off.

His 60' time should be super-quick since the clocks don't start until he clears the beams. His reaction time will be super slow though!

Why do so many people dump exhaust and especially wastegates RIGHT behind the front tires? It seems to be a virtual guaranty you will smoke the lights some of the time. I've seen lots of purpose-built diesel race cars/trucks built this way.

Stupidity??

Chris

hard to say, watch the vette take off and top lights go out not long after he launches, the trucks are about the same maybe a tiny bit after the vettes

hard to say, watch the vette take off and top lights go out not long after he launches, the trucks are about the same maybe a tiny bit after the vettes

Look closely, the vette's pre-stage & stage lights clearly go off as soon as his front tires clear the beams (as they should), while Wade's stay on until after his rear tires clear them.

From his sig over on yellow bullet:

NGM Diesel race engines, Duramax and Cummins!
Dont believe what people say, believe what they do!
Home
First Aluminum rodded D-max engine Built Fastest D- max diesel truck in the world 4.74 @137 1/8th 7.68 @161 1/4 !!

:doh::kick:

What is his user name on yellow bullet?

Look closely, the vette's pre-stage & stage lights clearly go off as soon as his front tires clear the beams (as they should), while Wade's stay on until after his rear tires clear them.

Which means it never happened. Sucks for Wade.

Wade knows all these things so one look at the time slip and he'd know there was a problem. But he claimed it anyway. Guess things haven't changed.

Nice try.

Looking back through the timeslip archives for some comparable numbers...

10/26/2007, Vegas, 8.216 @ 165.50, 1.28 60', 5.278 660' @ 134.08
11/16/2007, Cal Speedway, 8.402 @ 165.38, 1.25 60', 5.431 660' @ 130.72
9/27/2008, Speedworld, 8.399 @ 167.746, 1.24 60', 5.447 660' @ 131.154

Congrats, the truck may be running around an 8.2 in the real world.

thanks for that! Good to see you guys on here again. I definately think that the new converter is working very well for Wade, and he obviously found a bunch more HP as his MPH is up over 25MPH. So I definately think he is going in the right direction,, its too bad it so hard to extrapolate when you smoke the lights,, (also notice he dosent post the time on his backup run where he went 161 MPH)

thanks for that! Good to see you guys on here again. I definately think that the new converter is working very well for Wade, and he obviously found a bunch more HP as his MPH is up over 25MPH. So I definately think he is going in the right direction,, its too bad it so hard to extrapolate when you smoke the lights,, (also notice he dosent post the time on his backup run where he went 161 MPH)

You said extrapolate.....

Awesome.

More importantly, have you guys been doing anything??

Chris:D

Yep - lots going on here, on a couple different fronts - been quite busy here, and I'm a daddy now, too!

We'll have a new combination out running before the end of the year - wanted to make the Kansas NHRDA race, but timing on other more important projects has pushed the race platform back.

I'd apologize for derailing Wade's thread, but, nah.