Southern Outlaw Diesel

Looks like it's 2.6 straight bore chargers, gonna be an AWESOME class! I know a lot of guys gearing up to run this class in the future, hopefully TS and Scheids jump on board with their outlaw races as well...

I would say purely because it's a chance to run a heads up class with trucks built to a set of rules... IMO it's not drag RACING if you have to lift at the big end to not break out..

Now explain to me how this is all that different than an index class? I mean other than the part about people who cant pull a tree or be consistent believe there extra little hp is going to save them? :poke:

IMHO good index and bracket racer's are some of your better drivers....

I would say purely because it's a chance to run a heads up class with trucks built to a set of rules... IMO it's not drag RACING if you have to lift at the big end to not break out..

95% of ALL organized drag racing is either bracket or index racing, not heads-up.

Any heads-up class is not for the faint of heart or tight pocket book yet you are crying because they won't make a heads up class especially for you so you don't have to spend any money :doh:

Crying rivers of tears because I didn't want to put an S300 on my 6.7

I've raced motocross, jet-ski's in the IJSBA, competitive swimming in high school and nowhere in any part of my brain does letting off the throttle make any sense to me. I understand someone somewhere enjoys bracket racing. I like going as fast as possible given a set of rules/class to abide by... THATS racing imo

See you guys at the races, can't wait!

Crying rivers of tears because I didn't want to put an S300 on my 6.7

I've raced motocross, jet-ski's in the IJSBA, competitive swimming in high school and nowhere in any part of my brain does letting off the throttle make any sense to me. I understand someone somewhere enjoys bracket racing. I like going as fast as possible given a set of rules/class to abide by... THATS racing imo

See you guys at the races, can't wait!

Just goes to show you don't understand the skills of drag racing at all!!:bang

I understand you say that a majority of organized drag racing out there is index based but here in our skewed diesel planet, the big boy classes are heads up classes (pro street, super street, super stock, pro stock...etc) and overall I'm just glad I've got a "big boy" class to run in!

Heads Up Racing is like Doing the HOT Chick.

Bracket Racing is like doing a decent looking Chick.

Bracket racing witht a stock truck is like doing an ugly Chick.

I done them all and they were all pretty fun, But I prefer the Hot Chicks :)

lol

Seriously though... I agree with Krazeeun... To me "Racing" is everyone starts and the same time and the first to the finish is the winner... That's why I hate NASCAR or anything with pitting and caution flags and chit...

I just fear the class is gonna be very slim. Im guessing its gonna be just like super stock. 2-3 trucks in each class.

The class may be slim at Bradenton because it's being announced 30 days before the event... However it's the most feasible heads up class for most of the quick DD's out there, I think it'll pick up quickly

Limiting tires to just street tires would slow down a lot of trucks. Nobody daily drives with cheater slicks

if you dont allow cheaters it takes the 2wd out of the race...

if you dont allow cheaters it takes the 2wd out of the race...

I second this. Each class needs a set of rules and stick with them year to year. This changing rules 4 weeks before a race sucks :eek:wned:

either way, I'm coming for you while my rimz be spinnnnin (ebonics intended..)

I understand you say that a majority of organized drag racing out there is index based but here in our skewed diesel planet, the big boy classes are heads up classes (pro street, super street, super stock, pro stock...etc) and overall I'm just glad I've got a "big boy" class to run in!

If you feel running mid to high 11's is a "big boy" class...then whatever floats your boat :rolleyes:

Your attitude is exactly why diesel drag racing is having a hard time getting going!! People need to learn how to RACE first...instead of trying to run heads up setting a record for the fastest blue, 4 door, 6.7, with tinted windows and the windows rolled half way down :doh:

How about this...show up Thursday and you and I can grudge race...you can run as fast as you can and I will run a dial. $50 a race, winner determined by the best package...You game?